PDA

View Full Version : Pottery Barn Outlet Question

marymoo86
06-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Does anyone live near one? It's been ages since I have been in store but will be near one this weekend.

It used to be a mix of outlet makes and customer returns. Is this still the case? Hoping to score some things for the nursery. Specific colors in mind but not patterns/styles, etc so hoping I might get lucky.

Would love to find a kids rug!

bonus if anyone is familiar with stock at the Gaffney, SC location :D

jam224
06-30-2013, 02:07 PM
I love PB Outlet! We live near one. You're right about their inventory. They have a decent selection of nursery items. That's where I got DD's crib bumper and crib sheet over 2 years ago. They seem to have really beefed up their furniture selection recently, or at least that's the case at the Jeffersonville outlet. My luckiest find there was a super cute PBK mini backpack for less than $10! :D Have fun!

scrappypeanut
06-30-2013, 07:45 PM
You can always call and ask if you want something specific They track an item as well. It is still outllet makes and returns.

The best selection and the best deals is after they have off loaded the Chip N Dip Truck (this is customer returns - excluding furniture).

My store gets a Chip n Dip truck Monday and Wednesday. The furniture truck is Tuesdays. I never make a trip on the weekends, all the deals are long gone,
but if I am by one I will always stop in.

I live about an 1.5 hours from the one in San Marcos, Texas.

I scored 16 pieces of PBTeen style tile for less than $50. PBK Luggage for $15, Decorative Pillow Cases from PB Teen for $2. Lighting for 90% (loved those deals).

My store has piles of rugs!

PBOutlet Bargain hunting is the best!

bostonsmama
07-01-2013, 01:28 PM
When I visit family in GA, I go to the one north of Atlanta. I found a *few* deals, but mostly it was prints (for PBK at least) that they either never sold at retail stores or haven't been in-store in a year or two. I did find some random odds/ends, like decorative letters for $1, little plastic food containers for hummus or dip for 80 cents, curtain rod rings for $3 vs 15. I got 2 pillowcases for $7, but I wasn't about to unload $70 for the matching sheets. It doesn't matter to me b/c all that shows on DD's bed are the cases, but I wish they hadn't priced the bedsheets so high. I had never seen so many towel patterns before for kids' bathrooms. Mostly the girl stuff was on sale.

PB (adult/home) outlet had much better selection. I don't know if it was 2nd quality, but I found the same tropical bedding set my aunt had JUST bought a week before for $90 cheaper than she paid for her king quilt and 2 shams.

Honestly, the last time I visited ATL, I went to the retail store at Lenox mall and a regular customer told me she doesn't even go to the outlet anymore b/c all the returns were coming to the retail stores now, and the best deals on current merchandise were available at the retail centers. I cleaned HOUSE! There were such great deals...if I had more money to spend I would have! I got a floor model payton lamp base for $24 vs $52+ and shade for half off. I got a chamois dot sham for a friend monogrammed for $8 (+$7). They had the ruffle hem sheets for $9 ea piece vs $100/set.

With what that lady said (she said she's been going to retail and outlet stores for years and won't go back), it makes me reluctant to seek out a PB outlet now for fear I'm wasting my time.

ChefGirl
07-01-2013, 05:41 PM
You can always call and ask if you want something specific They track an item as well. It is still outllet makes and returns.

The best selection and the best deals is after they have off loaded the Chip N Dip Truck (this is customer returns - excluding furniture).

My store gets a Chip n Dip truck Monday and Wednesday. The furniture truck is Tuesdays. I never make a trip on the weekends, all the deals are long gone,
but if I am by one I will always stop in.

I live about an 1.5 hours from the one in San Marcos, Texas.

I scored 16 pieces of PBTeen style tile for less than $50. PBK Luggage for $15, Decorative Pillow Cases from PB Teen for $2. Lighting for 90% (loved those deals).

My store has piles of rugs!

PBOutlet Bargain hunting is the best!

Hi there,

I love San Marcos too. When did you have a 90% off lighting sale? OMG! Thanks.

scrappypeanut
07-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Chef Girl - it was in 2006, before the remodel when the deals where way better :-).

scrappypeanut
07-07-2013, 04:34 PM
I too have found great deals in store (more so at PBTeen than PBK). When doing returns the retail store has the option to return to store or return to catalog/online. Return to catalog/online go to the outlet store. It is store choice and depends on the current inventory of the store and shelf space as to whether it gets returned to store or returned to catalog/online.