PDA

View Full Version : I Have My Own Gravitational Force!!!

StantonHyde
06-30-2013, 06:39 PM
I took the kids hiking today. They had tons of screen time yesterday and plenty this morning. We got back at 3, I said no screen time till 5. So now they are standing around me. Following me around--to the bathroom, outside the shower, reading over my head while I try to figure out what restaurant for tonight for DH and I to have date night. DH is busy packing up the downstairs so demo can start tomorrow for the remodel. They claim they are following the dog, who has to follow me. It's like I am my own solar system!!! Kids are 8 and 11. TOTALLY capable of figuring out something to do with the gazillion toys they have around here!!

Leave me the F alone!!!!!!!

hellokitty
06-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Lol, I have been having the same experience this wknd. We have been so busy during the wk with activities. It's been raining, so ds2's baseball games were all cancelled this wknd. So, we had no other plans, except to clean the house (which we did) and I am so annoyed that the kids cannot figure out some way to entertain themselves. I just want to rest before another busy wk starts again.

truly scrumptious
06-30-2013, 07:27 PM
I know this is the BP, but your post had me laughing out loud! I am picturing you shuffling around the house with them in orbit!

cmo
06-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Heh, I hear ya! In my house I say that I am the sh!t, and they are the flies. :-)

stefani
06-30-2013, 11:20 PM
ROFL! I can just picture you and your children... My DS would say: "There is nothing to do..." if he is not allowed to have any screen time.

StantonHyde
07-01-2013, 01:11 AM
OMG--they are the flies!!! Thank you, I needed that!!!

And yes, I am shuffling around with them in orbit. I snuck off for 5 seconds to poop by myself and DH comes barging into the BR to empty the trash!!!!

When I finally sit down at the end of the evening, the damn dog starts demanding that I throw toys for him. Dude, I was here all night--couldn't you have done this earlier. I swear, if I ever need the dogs/kids/DH to come to me, I am just going to sit my butt on the couch for 5 seconds and BAM, like magic, there they will be!!

And people wonder why I didn't go back to work FT when the kids went to school. Um, I would like to spend 5 minutes in my house with out somebody needing me to do something. DH worked all weekend, he does every other weekend. So the 2 week days I don't work are all I have. And I am hanging on to them!!!!

May my dilemma give many laughs--I need somebody to laugh, even if it is AT me :-)