PDA

View Full Version : Versa on sale in Canada

abemom
06-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Snugglebugz has it for $299!!! I got the Snap 4 a few weeks ago. Not buying a new one now though. Too bad.

Hemlock
06-30-2013, 11:15 PM
So tempting! I also have a Snap (3) and a Bee, but I really want a Versa. I really want to sell something and get that Versa.

Hemlock
07-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Well, I caved and bought the Versa! Can't wait for it to arrive. Now all I need is to find the GT wheels at a reasonable price........

Still-in-Shock
07-14-2013, 05:16 PM
This is a great buy, even if you have it shipped to the US. If only it wasn't 25 lbs....

abemom
07-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Well, I caved and bought the Versa! Can't wait for it to arrive. Now all I need is to find the GT wheels at a reasonable price........

:yeahthat:!!! I usually only had 1 single at a time! This is a real treat for me! :thumbsup: Are the GT wheels that much better?
I'll get the tray on Amazon, and have it shipped to my mother in the US. Much cheaper there. I'll get the tray, even though the bar looks nicer, but not as practical.

What NB head insert do you recommend that can be used in both - the Snap and Versa? A nice bright girly color.

Thanks

Hemlock
07-16-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't have the GT wheels yet (they won't arrive for 3 weeks), so I can't comment on how much they will improve the push, but others who have added them say they love it. Actually, my Versa doesn't even arrive until tomorrow, so I haven't even pushed one with regular wheels yet!

I will also probably order the tray from Amazon, even with the delivery fee it ill be about $10 cheaper.

As for a liner, I use the Valco All Sorts in my Snap and I love it. It comes with a newborn head insert. I'm pretty sure that it would also fit the Versa - and it comes in pink!

ebp913
07-16-2013, 04:28 PM
I don't have the GT wheels yet (they won't arrive for 3 weeks), so I can't comment on how much they will improve the push, but others who have added them say they love it. Actually, my Versa doesn't even arrive until tomorrow, so I haven't even pushed one with regular wheels yet!

I will also probably order the tray from Amazon, even with the delivery fee it ill be about $10 cheaper.

As for a liner, I use the Valco All Sorts in my Snap and I love it. It comes with a newborn head insert. I'm pretty sure that it would also fit the Versa - and it comes in pink!
Do you know if the Valco liner would work in a BOB? I need liners! My kids are such a mess.

abemom
07-16-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm managing to open / close properly, though not especially easy. I don't know how people do it mid-air. I haven't gone outside with it yet. My 2 oldest are fighting over who's in charge of the Versa, vs. the Snap 4. They love the push, even my 3 yr. old can do it well!

The Valco pink is in my cart on Amazon, and am trying to figure out whether to get the tray or bar. In my City Mini I had the tray, but I think the bar might make this not too pretty stroller look a little better! The Allsorts fits the Versa, Moll73 has pics with it.

I'm looking at a console too, so the total price is more than the $315 I paid, but still not too bad. My first parent-facing, and my baby loves it!

(How much do the GT wheels cost, though I will not get it now. I spent too much $$ lately, and haven't manged to sell the stuff I wanted to on CL.)

Let me know how you like the stroller, when you get it.

mell4556
07-16-2013, 06:31 PM
I have the belly bar on my Versa and I think it makes the stroller look much nicer. I'm one who loves the Versa just wished it was prettier and the belly bar helps it out. It makes it look more complete. Now when people say they are ordering the GT wheels how are they doing this? I was under the impression that the Versa GT was a completely different stroller. I read that the wheels were not interchangeable.

abemom
07-16-2013, 07:07 PM
The belly bar was $19 on Amazon earlier this afternoon, and now went up to $24.99. I'll wait another few days, hoping it will go down!

Hemlock
07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Do you know if the Valco liner would work in a BOB? I need liners! My kids are such a mess.

I also have a BOB, so I could try the Valco liner in it for you, however my Snap (and liner) are currently in Florida with some friends until early August. I'm pretty sure it would fit though.

Hemlock
07-16-2013, 11:40 PM
The belly bar was $19 on Amazon earlier this afternoon, and now went up to $24.99. I'll wait another few days, hoping it will go down!

Isn't it crazy that the belly bar and snack tray are $40 each in Canada :irked:

abemom
07-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Isn't it crazy that the belly bar and snack tray are $40 each in Canada :irked:

That's why it's so amazing that the stroller is at this price. Although all the other Canadian websites have the 2013 on sale, while I ended up with a 2012.

ebp913
07-17-2013, 09:47 AM
I also have a BOB, so I could try the Valco liner in it for you, however my Snap (and liner) are currently in Florida with some friends until early August. I'm pretty sure it would fit though.

Awesome. I think I'll just order it and try it.

mandapear
07-17-2013, 02:11 PM
I have the Skip Hop liner in mine. Fits almost perfectly (tiny bit wide at the bottom, but I just shoved it in a bit and the frame holds it perfectly). That plus the belly bar goes a long way to making the stroller more attractive, IMO.

Hemlock
07-17-2013, 07:36 PM
That's why it's so amazing that the stroller is at this price. Although all the other Canadian websites have the 2013 on sale, while I ended up with a 2012.

My Versa arrived today. It is also a 2012.

PZMommy
07-17-2013, 08:26 PM
I have the Skip Hop liner in mine. Fits almost perfectly (tiny bit wide at the bottom, but I just shoved it in a bit and the frame holds it perfectly). That plus the belly bar goes a long way to making the stroller more attractive, IMO.

Could you post a picture of what it looks like with the skip hop liner?? I'm contemplating getting a Versa again, but want to dress it up a bit if I do get one.