PDA

View Full Version : We don't live in a hair salon

ahisma
06-30-2013, 08:06 PM
DD is obsessed with dying her hair. I banned it in the house because she destroys the bathroom, shower curtain, bath mat, etc.

She goes to her dad's house and does it on the weekends. Fine, whatever. BUT, then she comes home wanting to redye it here. Besides the fact that the hair is going to fall out of her head any day now, I've already banned it (with good cause, IMO).

I'm about ready to shave her head and make her start from scratch. She just came home with her hair bleached and plans to redo her roots here midweek. Seriously????

MamaMolly
06-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Oh my. That just can't be good for her on so many levels. Maybe give her a pack of sharpies and tell her to color it that way. Probably less dangerous chemical and stain wise.

mikala
06-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Oh my. That just can't be good for her on so many levels. Maybe give her a pack of sharpies and tell her to color it that way. Probably less dangerous chemical and stain wise.

Or a bulk package of Kool-Aid ;)

ahisma
06-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Kool-Aid and Sharpies are both very tempting!

I keep on telling myself that this phase will pass. I'm running out of steam waiting for it to pass though.:rotflmao:

MamaMolly
07-01-2013, 02:29 PM
In high school my BFF had loooooong blond hair she wore in a braid. I used to color her braid with highlighters. I think Sharpies would work and it is so tedious it would keep her occupied for a long time. ;)

BabyBearsMom
07-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Would hair chalk be a better solution?

Globetrotter
07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
I hear you!! I cannot stand to open dd's room to be greeted by the stench of nail polish! OMG, it's awful, and I keep reminding her that she must cross ventilate, but she always "forgets."

Corie
07-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Or a bulk package of Kool-Aid ;)

That is what the girls here use!!