PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess it's time to move on

SnuggleBuggles
07-01-2013, 08:32 AM
We are on vacation right now, visiting dh's grandparents. We come every year and stay with them. We love it bc they are awesome (and I admit to loving the free part!). Anyway, through a crazy spring with injuries, my grandparents in law just moved into assisted living and sold their home. The house closes in a few weeks so we came up before that. Last week we had the place to ourselves (visited the grandparents daily). Yesterday my ILs arrived to pack the place up. Holy schmoly-- they are so noisy!!

We are on vacation so at 7:30, we aren't in love with being woken up by loud work. My MIL doesn't hear well...maybe she doesn't think she's that loud? Really, just close the door to the room you are working on since it is basically a closet of the room the boys are sleeping in. Not so hard.

We also shuffled everyone around bed wise to give them the master. The twin beds dh and I are on are so miserable. In laws were actually very nice and said we could have stayed in the master. Ah well.

But, I think we will cut this trip short and go somewhere else for a few days.

Ugh, now she is chewing loudly (mouth open- truly her worst quality). Lovely in many ways but not that one!

SnuggleBuggles
07-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Don't know how to edit. I did want to say we've been helpful moving things. We just didn't have any idea what to do regarding packing or would have started. I didn't want y'all to think we were greedy, selfish whiners!

123LuckyMom
07-01-2013, 09:23 AM
It's irritating when people CAN be quiet and choose not to be! I hope you find a way to have a nice rest of your vacation.