PDA

View Full Version : PlanetBox Launch on sale

hillview
07-02-2013, 09:42 AM
I liked Planetbox on facebook and see that they have a link to the launch complete at $15 off.

http://bit.ly/14KliCc

Green22
07-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Just a general question about Planetbox - (1) Do you have to use their lunchbags? (2) Do you find that your kids actually bring all the pieces home? Around what age are your kids if you use one of these?

We had an issue at DC AGAIN today, where DD was given someone else's packed sandwich. This is a big deal with our FA. I am working out a better system with the DC teachers (since I think it is the cook who goofs/forgets), but I thought about something like this where it is just a whole unit, nothing can be divided up, etc. as being easier. And I can label the heck out of it. But DD is 3. I distinctly recall tossing tupperware when I was a teenager because I was too lazy to bring it home. Thoughts?

wencit
07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
You do have to use the Planetbox lunchbags because they are shaped in a way that don't fit any other company's lunchbag well (at least, none that I have found so far). I'm not pleased with the quality of the PB lunchbag, so that kind of irks me. I bought a set last year and will have to buy another carry bag this year, because the one that my son uses is falling apart already. That said, I'm very happy with the quality of the PB itself.

DS1 started using his Planetbox last year in first grade and brings all the pieces home. However, he is usually an extremely compliant, responsible child. It does sound like it would be a good solution if you want a "whole unit" type of lunch box.

hillview
07-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Kids started to bring planetbox when they were 4 (before that DS1 had laptop lunches with a lot of different compartments which would go missing and were a pita). I'd say maybe once a year someone leaves it at school and we go get it. It is well labeled and I LOVE them. I cannot see either kid tossing it -- it is metal.

txgirl
07-02-2013, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=Green22;3823178]Just a general question about Planetbox - (1) Do you have to use their lunchbags? (2) Do you find that your kids actually bring all the pieces home? Around what age are your kids if you use one of th

Both of my children (6 and 4) used the planetbox kits from potterybarn kids everyday last year. I had no issues with anything missing. My older child is in kindergarten, and he loves his lunch kit so I can't imagine him throwing anything away. There is really only one large piece that fits in the lunch kit and you may or may not pack the smaller round tins (we only have 2) depending on what you send. The smaller tins fit in the larger piece so it is easy to pack up when done. My only complaint is that it is a little heavy and weighs down their backpack but its worth it to not mess with Tupperware or bags.

jam224
07-02-2013, 03:26 PM
The Launch seems like a lot of food. Do most people use the Rover then? That's what we have.

Dream
07-02-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm in need of the Shuttle, do they run these sales often?

hillview
07-02-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm in need of the Shuttle, do they run these sales often?

I don't know. I liked them on facebook to see.

hillview
07-02-2013, 09:36 PM
The Launch seems like a lot of food. Do most people use the Rover then? That's what we have.

I agree -- I got one for DH. I use the rover every day for both kids. (We have 4 of them).

ahisma
07-02-2013, 09:39 PM
My preschool and kindergartener both took Launches to school for lunch all last year. No missing parts aside from one magnet that I suspect DH or I lost. In fact, I'd order a duplicate set of magnets from the get-go unless you're more organized that we are. Much easier that way!

Green22
07-03-2013, 09:58 AM
My preschool and kindergartener both took Launches to school for lunch all last year. No missing parts aside from one magnet that I suspect DH or I lost. In fact, I'd order a duplicate set of magnets from the get-go unless you're more organized that we are. Much easier that way!

Thanks all so much for the feedback!

cilantromapuche
07-04-2013, 02:59 AM
we have had ours for several years and have lost nothing. after a while I quit putting the magnets on them. Love them!!!!

hillview
07-04-2013, 01:16 PM
after a while I quit putting the magnets on them. Love them!!!!

:yeahthat: