PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on Bumbleride Indie Twin?

TxCat
07-02-2013, 02:48 PM
After going around in circles between MB Duo, Indie Twin and other double strollers I think I have finally decided on a double stroller strategy.

1) DD still really likes her stroller AND after talking to my nanny, she would really like a double stroller to keep both kids contained when necessary.
2) The above may not hold true for a year from now.

So, in light of the above, I think I have decided to go with the Bumbleride Indie Twin initially and then if necessary, will sell later on and get a BOB Duallie. This, even in light of some negative posts about the Indie Twin recently.

Here's my thinking:
- the Indie Twin seems to have one of the biggest canopies around and the sun and heat is brutal here, especially with having an August baby
- the Indie fabrics seem a little lighter-weight and easier to clean than the MB Duo
- Indie Twin has the reversible bassinet option, making it easier to use for a newborn than the Duallie
- Indie Twin seems to have really good resale in my area - not unusual to go for $400 or more for models that are several years old, compared to MB which has pretty poor resale around here.

So, now I just need to find a good deal on an Indie Twin! If anyone knows of any, please let me know. Thank you!

ebp913
07-02-2013, 02:55 PM
I think you have great reasons for the Indie Twin. I really really love the bassinet with a newborn. I would have hated using the Keyfit all the time with DS. I am in Texas too and it's so darn hot, I think he would have been a sweaty mess in the car seat all the time.

Resale was the main reason I didn't consider a MB. I am sending you a PM too!