PDA

View Full Version : Dad commercials we love

sariana
07-03-2013, 04:41 PM
This thread is kind of a spin-off of a BP from a few weeks ago about how dads are portrayed. I wanted to share commercials I've seen lately that portray dads in a positive way.

1) It's a Father's Day commerical, so I'm not sure why it's still airing. But I love the Gillette commercial where the dad is helping his son shave the boy's toys. Dad talks about T-Rex and how he needs to shave along his ridges or something, and then says T-Rex would shave himself but his arms are too short. Cute! Then he asks who's next, and Son says "Teddy." "Teddy!" Dad exclaims. "He NEEDS a shave!" I love this commercial.

2) The laundry detergent commercial with the little girl in the princess dress. Dad says he has a princess 6 days a week, but once a week he lets her play sheriff so he can wash her dress. I haven't seen this one as often, so I don't know it as well. But it implies that he is a SAHD, and he has a tea party with his little girl (among other things, I think).

I had been meaning to post this for a while; with all the negative things about dads (showing them as incompetent and what-not), I wanted to highlight these two.

Zukini
07-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I love, love the Subaru commercial with the Daddy and daughter at the school bus stop on her first day of kindergarten. And then following her in the bus with his car to see if she's ok. I want to tear up every time it is on. Their expressions and emotion are just so real.