PDA

View Full Version : i'm becoming obsessed with Mini-Boden! anybody else?

♥ms.pacman♥
07-05-2013, 02:54 PM
especially for my DS (3.5). I guess i just like how they have so many cute yet stylish clothing for BOYS... without making it look like they are miniature-men on a golf outing or something (e.g. Janie & Jack). I mean, i want to get something cute but something that's comfortable and that they can actually PLAY in (and my DS is a stereotypical boy, getting into dirt, etc). i started off really into Hanna but then once my son outgrew the "baby" line (with all the monkeys, etc) i found myself almost exclusively shopping there for my DD, except for when they happened to have a train tee or something. Also, I found a lot of the tshirts were a bit boxy and tended to run wide and rather short, which is the opposite of what i need for my DS.

anyway, just wondering what your favorite MB pieces so far are, esp if you have boys. i am really liking the applique tees and the striped baggies..my son seems to love the baggies as they seem pretty comfy and arent always falling off.

also, i just bought this hoodie for my DS..saw it in Nordstrom on sale for $26.xx! love the green color, though it seems rather summery and i'm wondering if it wil be okay for use in Nov/Dec. We're in Texas and it just doesn't get cold here to need even long sleeves until MAYBE September. we are visiting my parents in SF area though in late July..i'm hoping to use it then :)
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Boys-1H-12yrs-Sweats-Fleeces/21612-LGN/Boys-1H-12yrs-Sage-Zip-Through-Hoody.html?m=3

chiisai
07-05-2013, 03:08 PM
I love boden, too. :) And I also went from Hanna to Boden, ha.

I try to buy gently used sets off of ebay and from the boden site during end of year sales. For DS, I like to have a shaggy lined hoody for the fall. For pants, he likes the lined cargos (they feel nice to him, and they're good for the winter here). I also like the carpenters. The jersey baggies are great for summer. I get shirts only if it's a set on ebay, and they've held up really well.

That hoodie is really cute!!!

fedoragirl
07-05-2013, 03:37 PM
We are gradually moving from Hanna to Boden too. I love the quality of clothes and also like that most of their clothes fit my tall and skinny kid. I will probably always buy underwear, hoodies, and leggings (maybe PDs) from Hanna but other than that, we love Boden.

smilequeen
07-05-2013, 04:29 PM
My younger two wear a lot of Boden. Love it! The pattern bottoms and appliqué tops are my favorites. The shaggy hoodies are awesome fall jackets, maybe winter in a warmer area. I get a little of everything.

Next has some really cute younger boy stuff. Up to size 6. Lower price point. Also British.

elbenn
07-05-2013, 05:03 PM
I love Boden, too! I used to buy more Hanna, but now I mostly buy pjs from Hanna. I love the applique tees and the striped baggies. The tartan flannel cargo pants are also great.

lchang25000
07-05-2013, 05:25 PM
I bought that hoodie in the orange color for only $20.40 when Boden had a super great stacking sale a few months ago. :D I've been obsessed with Boden since DS1 was 1 years old though I loved the baby lines from the past more so than the last couple baby lines. Love the baggies for DS for the summer and the year round appliqué tops. I also love the winter flannel tartan baggies but I think DS is getting too old to wear them out in public. My fav pants for him are definitely the lined cargos.

Nooknookmom
07-05-2013, 07:30 PM
I was until they changes the material on the skorts I liked. Got real thin.

I'd like another hoodie for DD to use for first grade so I'm on the lookout in Nordstrom sobi can feel the fabric before I buy. Otherwise I'll stick with hanna.

swissair81
07-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I love their elastic waisted cargos for DS. I liked their cargo shorts last year, but they didn't sell navy this year :( I also like the appliquéd tees and the knitted baby dresses. I'm officially hopeless.

MontrealMum
07-05-2013, 10:54 PM
We're big MB fans here too! I used to be crazy about Hanna but as DS got older and as their quality tanked I really became jaded about them. Because we have no Gymbo in my province I have to order from the US so that really offsets their great sales, making spendier foreign brands like Boden or Pumpkin Patch seem to be in a similar cost category.

This year DS' wardrobe is mostly MB and Next, with some LE and other odds and ends here and there. Our faves - his and mine :) - are the applique tees, the board and techno shorts, the flannel plaid cargoes, the zip through hoodies - especially the fleece one, and the towelling hoody (http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Boys-1H-12yrs-Swimwear/26057-NAV/Boys-1H-12yrs-Navy-Lighthouses-Towelling-Throw-on.html). We're on year 2 or 3 of all of those, but the total volume of MB has increased each year. And I will readily admit, it's certainly more tempting to add something for DS here and there and optimize that already-paid-for-shipping as I build up my work wardrobe - which is also mostly Boden! I went nuts on their most recent buy 3 add a 4th for a pound offer. I am a Boden (sale) stalker and I admit it ;)

sunnyside
07-11-2013, 11:54 AM
I love MB. The quality is SO nice. I have not had a single quality issue and have had a lot of stuff from there. I much prefer it over mall brands that disintegrate.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-11-2013, 01:58 PM
We are gradually moving from Hanna to Boden too. I love the quality of clothes and also like that most of their clothes fit my tall and skinny kid. I will probably always buy underwear, hoodies, and leggings (maybe PDs) from Hanna but other than that, we love Boden.

this sounds similar to me. DS is VERY tall (esp long-torsoed) and also super-skinny. he is at least 40" tall yet can wear 24 mo size shorts (they are usually on the short side though). most pants (gymbo, etc) just fall right off him. i bought 4 pairs of boden baggies in 3-4 and i was shocked at how well they fit him. i mean, thye are long and have room to grow, but the elastic is tight enough that they are comfy but at the same time they aren't constantly falling off him.

and yeah, i will probably alwyas be a HA Playdress addict..i have over 20 PDs now just for my 2yo DD! :bag. i also only buy the HA underwear and almost all the PJs we buy are Hanna.

My younger two wear a lot of Boden. Love it! The pattern bottoms and appliqué tops are my favorites. The shaggy hoodies are awesome fall jackets, maybe winter in a warmer area. I get a little of everything.

Next has some really cute younger boy stuff. Up to size 6. Lower price point. Also British.

yes, i love the shaggy hoodies..as a baby DS got one as a gift and it was sooo nice and warm, i wanted one for myself! we're in TX so it totally suffices for a winter jacket even in the coldest months.

And I will readily admit, it's certainly more tempting to add something for DS here and there and optimize that already-paid-for-shipping as I build up my work wardrobe - which is also mostly Boden! I went nuts on their most recent buy 3 add a 4th for a pound offer. I am a Boden (sale) stalker and I admit it ;)

lol i was thinking about this when checking out the EOS sale. there was one thing i wanted to buy for dd, but i didn't want to pay $10 shipping for a $14 item. i was checking out a lot of stuff for me that i could use to work. i have a full cart now but i'm waiting for free ship code.

citymama
07-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I've been buying Boden since 2008, I think. I have two words for you: stacking sales. Keep your ear to the ground and when they have stacking sales, BUY! I find I buy very little in the spring/summer (for which I love Hanna, esp as a mom of girls) but the Fall is dangerous. I love it all and there are some must-haves for the kids (DD1 loves the heart-patch jeans and slouchy sweats) and even more for ME! Boden is really pricey without a great sale though.

Dream
07-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I like Boden but still love Hanna more. This fall there's quite a few items I would love to get from Boden. But I find unless there's a glitch in the code and you can stack, the prices remain considerably high for Boden. I find I can get HA items cheaper than Boden. I find HA colors are more brighter than Boden and I dislike Boden appliques. I find they look old, thread coming out and the appliques are rolling in after couple of washes.

arivecchi
07-11-2013, 05:31 PM
MB is great for boys. Hanna is too cutesy and runs small IME. Unfortunately, as my boys get older, they like MB less. They don't think their stuff is soft and comfy enough.

alirebco
07-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Love MB but mostly their shirts for my guy since their pants are too big for him. And their dresses and tights are awesome but most stuff is too big for my narrow and skinny girl. I love Tea for her because of that. I only really like some HA shirts for my guy and of course their pjs for both kids

AnnieW625
07-11-2013, 06:12 PM
I loved a lot of the Baby Boden stuff I got for DD2. The only things my girls have right now are night gowns. I keep thinking I am going to get some more Mini Boden for them, but just never get around to it. I have ordered a few dresses for DD1 but they aren't all that great looking on her, they look like sacks or just very unrefined or kind of cheap cotton and they have been unlined for the over $30 price.

MissPriss
07-12-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm still a huge HA fan. When did their quality change? I've had really good luck.

queenmama
07-12-2013, 06:51 PM
I love Boden for both kids, opposite genders, 12 years apart! I don't own anything Boden for myself.

I agree that the dresses can be sort of sack-ish, but my girl is still a baby so it isn't a big deal yet.

DS doesn't have as much Boden and he's sort of outgrown that look, but he has a few things that still work.

lchang25000
07-13-2013, 08:17 AM
I buy a lot more Hanna when they are younger because I love all the organic items for baby and all the adorable baby stuff Hanna has to offer. I prefer the Hanna best ever baby fleece jackets over Boden's shaggy hoodies when they are toddlers (up to around 3 years old) in the wintertime since they are so cute and snugly. They can only wear it for so long too before outgrowing the baby line.

cairo06
07-16-2013, 06:00 AM
I love MB for my DS and I have just as much fun dressing him as I did my DD. He loves the zip-off pants, flannel tartan pants, shaggy hoodies and anything with stars. Sadly, I think some of our favorites are starting to be too young looking for him. I also highly recommend Frugi. We are just about sizing out of that brand, but I finally placed an order during their sale a few weeks ago. I bought the shark zip-off pants, baggies, and some T-shirts. I'm very impressed by the softness and thickness of the cotton. I haven't run across such well made clothes in a long time.

anonomom
07-16-2013, 10:23 AM
I love looking at MB and have bought it at consignment sales before, but even on sale it's usually too expensive for me to justify (and the fit is all wrong for my stocky elder daughter). Both of my girls have full wardrobes of Hanna, but all bought at price points of around $10/outfit from outlet sales.

I'll admit I don't have a line for DS that I really like. So far, he's worn lots of Gymboree because I can find plenty of cute things at great prices. As of yet, I don't find either Hanna or Boden to be cute or distinctive enough to justify the prices. But he's only just turning 2 so I expect my opinion may change.

joules
07-16-2013, 03:18 PM
DS1 really loves his jersey baggies. He only has one pair and he calls them his "comfortable pants". I love the super short swim trunks. They are so adorable on him.

During the EOS sale for last fall/winter, I bought long sleeve ts, funnel neck sweaters, and shaggy lined jackets for this coming fall/winter. I can't wait to use them. I think I even bought some from Nordstrom online.

I haven't tried any of the non-jersey pants or shorts yet.

Kindra178
07-18-2013, 11:55 AM
I love MB for shirts, especially the plain sueded or striped long sleeve tshirts. Their pants don't help us at all. We need double knees, so HA cargo sweats are still our goto. I may try some Baggies this year though. Maybe the extra bagginess will buy some time on the knees.

TxCat
07-18-2013, 02:08 PM
I like Boden but still love Hanna more. This fall there's quite a few items I would love to get from Boden. But I find unless there's a glitch in the code and you can stack, the prices remain considerably high for Boden. I find I can get HA items cheaper than Boden. I find HA colors are more brighter than Boden and I dislike Boden appliques. I find they look old, thread coming out and the appliques are rolling in after couple of washes.

:yeahthat: almost word for word. I have a couple of very cute MB items for DD that I loved, but generally found them to be thinner and less soft/comfy than HA. Also, the sizing seems to run a little small for DD. I ordered several pieces last fall but was pretty disappointed overall. However, I generally don't like fall HA as much as spring/summer, so I'm not sure what I'll do this fall.