PDA

View Full Version : dd swallowed shampoo

janine
07-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Dd aged 20mos found a bottle of Burt's bee shampoo and swallowed some. Not sure how much but the bottle was almost empty. She got very sick 10 mns later while drinking her bottle-it was awful projectile all over her. Dh is not home so washed her up and put her to sleep but is there anything else I should do?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
07-06-2013, 12:22 AM
You should call poison control. Seriously. I've called them several times. Once because i caught dd2 licking a deoderant stick. They get all kinds of calls from all kinds of people. Call them and make sure there isn't something else you should be doing!

okinawama
07-06-2013, 12:32 AM
I would second the poison control suggestion. Ive had to call once before and The person on the line was incredibly kind ( as I felt like the worlds worst mom!) and very helpful!

ahisma
07-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Poison control is awesome. My girlfriend and I joke that if we ever need a guaranteed friendly voice we should just call them. Beyond that, they're exceptionally helpful and generally follow up the next day too.

Still-in-Shock
07-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Please post what they say, if you do call.

YouAreTheFocus
07-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Dd aged 20mos found a bottle of Burt's bee shampoo and swallowed some. Not sure how much but the bottle was almost empty. She got very sick 10 mns later while drinking her bottle-it was awful projectile all over her. Dh is not home so washed her up and put her to sleep but is there anything else I should do?

Not exactly the same, but my DS swallowed a bunch of dawn dish soap when he was 1.5. I called poison control, they said it would do a number on his digestive system--and it did. Out both ends. It really "cleans" them out. Anyways, he was fine in a day or so. Hope your DD feels better soon!

vtmom
07-06-2013, 05:37 AM
My dd drank some 7th generation dish soap. Called poison control in a panic and they said her GI system would likely be very active (it was) but she'd be fine (she was).

mommylamb
07-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Ugh, OP, your poor DD. did you call poison control? I hope she's doing ok.

janine
07-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Thanks so much for the replies. I called poison control after all the suggestions and they said shampoo is not toxic so she is ok unless sounds of choking. She said I probably should not have given a (milk) bottle so soon after. Dd seems herself now except finding dried vomit in hard to get crevices like eyelash base! I appreciate the help everyone, can always count on moms here. Who knew to hide Burt's bee shampoo!

okinawama
07-06-2013, 09:46 AM
So glad that she's feeling ok! I would have thought that the taste would have deterred her (and the dish soap) from consuming much, kids...can't get them to eat a piece of broccoli, but they down soap.