PDA

View Full Version : Baby items vending machine in KC airport

crl
07-06-2013, 03:18 PM
First time I have seen one of these, though I'm not a frequent flyer these days. I saw a baby on the go vending machine in the Kansas City airport. Didn't check prices, but I saw diapers, bibs and goldfish. Seems like a great idea--I have often wondered why there never seem to be diapers for sale at airports.

Catherine

PZMommy
07-06-2013, 03:20 PM
There is one of those at a mall near where I live. they have a HUGE family lounge area, and inside they have a baby item vending machine.

Liziz
07-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Very smart idea. Probably crazy over priced, but when the only 2 baby food pouches you have, that were going to get you through the flights home (b/c that's what DD "drinks" to keep her ears from popping) fall out of your bag, and a cleaning person picks them up and opens them and dumps out the contents while you're running back to get them and calling for them to stop.....yeah, I'd pay overpriced. (Yup, that was my last flight, minus the baby vending machine).

kbud
07-06-2013, 10:46 PM
It is a great idea. I've seen diapers for sale at most airport gift shops too but there usually aren't the larger sizes or pull ups.

BayGirl2
07-06-2013, 11:36 PM
I heard about the concept being tested a while ago but hadn't seen it implemented cool.

FWIW I always thought the sundry shops in airports had diapers and baby stuff? But we cd so i never paid a lot of attention so I could be wrong.

crl
07-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Hmm, I have never seen diapers in the sundry shops. Maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place. (Also never needed them though I did need a change of toddler clothes once when ds went through two changes before we even boarded.)

Catherine

vonfirmath
07-06-2013, 11:45 PM
I heard about the concept being tested a while ago but hadn't seen it implemented cool.

FWIW I always thought the sundry shops in airports had diapers and baby stuff? But we cd so i never paid a lot of attention so I could be wrong.

They don't. At least they didn't 10 years ago when my sister came VERY close to running out of diapers (They had a delay and baby was wearing the last diaper she had when she landed in Seattle)

georgiegirl
07-07-2013, 08:17 AM
I've seen diapers in airport stores for years! They are of course very overpriced. And I've seen tampon-like diaper vending machines in bathrooms before. Fortunately I never had to buy them. Once I was stuck overnight in Denver (weather problem) when DD was 14 months old, and I had to take the airport shuttle to Walgreens to buy more diapers for her.

KpbS
07-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I think it's a great idea as years ago now (8?) I was stuck in Detroit after being rerouted with no extra diapers for DS. The entire airport--not a single diaper for sale. That's ridiculous. I would have happily paid for an overpriced diaper from a vending machine then.