PDA

View Full Version : If you had $200 to spend....

fedoragirl
07-06-2013, 04:06 PM
...what would you get? I got some birthday money and want to spend it on something totally unnecessary and frivolous--just for me. I had been eyeing a leather moto jacket since I've wanted one for years but I will be hitting 40 in a few years and don't want to try too hard...IFYKWIM.
I don't need any bags or shoes (except boots) and was thinking what would you spend $200 on?

echoesofspring
07-07-2013, 12:11 AM
I think a leather jacket would be great! I'm too out of it to have an opinion on whether a moto jacket is going to seem out of date a year from now, but I don't think of it being a particularly young person trend. I splurged on a nice leather jacket many years ago ($300, so not extravagant, but not cheap either) and have never regretted it.

goldenpig
07-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is coming up soon! I'd get a fab leather jacket or pair of boots then! I think moto jackets are classic and fine for 40 year olds!

kozachka
07-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is coming up soon! I'd get a fab leather jacket or pair of boots then! I think moto jackets are classic and fine for 40 year olds!

:yeahthat: It really depends on what you already have, your lifestyle and 'wants'. I already have a fabulous leather jacket by Mackage (highly recommended, Ive been getting lots of complements for mine for 3 straight years but even on sale with a code it was ~$350), and I hardly ever wear boots in the SF Bay Area, so a classic DvF wrap dress (bought NWT on eBay) and a pair of nice shoes to match would be my pick. I have one wrap dress and want more, mine is a go-to item for going out and for the office with a cami under it, and it does not wrinkle so travels well, too.

I also highly recommend getting the right undergarments, they make everything look better. Get fitted at Nordstrom, if you have not already done so, and than keep your eyes out for similar bras at T.J. Maxx and Marshall's. Once you buy the first one at Nordstrom during the upcoming sale.