PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever gotten a bruise from a bug bite?

khalloc
07-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I was down the Cape last week and I was outside in the afternoon and I got a bug bite from either a regular mosquito or a horse/deer fly. It was on the inside of my upper arm. I remember looking down at my arm maybe 15 minutes later and I had a raised bump, like what you would have when you are first bitten by a mosquito. But under that I could see a black and blue mark forming. By the next day it was a black and blue mark with a bulls eye appearance! Very strange! I know it was not a tick. and its a bruise, under my skin. Not a rash on the surface. Its fading now, but I've just never seen anything like it.

SnuggleBuggles
07-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Twice last year! Still no idea what not me either time. Wasn't really a bruise but redness that turned black. It was about 2" in diameter at one point. Took a few weeks to clear up.

maydaymommy
07-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Ds2 is not allergic to mosquitoes, but is very sensitive to bites. All bites turn into welts, then a black & blue bruise!

Believe it or not, the medical term for it is "Skeeter Syndrome"!

mom3boys
07-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Yes, I have before, I think.

I also just got huge bruises on my skin around where I had a reaction to poison ivy. So I had the rash from the poison ivy plus huge bruises around it. The bruises look worse than the rash!

mom2khj
07-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Ds2 is not allergic to mosquitoes, but is very sensitive to bites. All bites turn into welts, then a black & blue bruise!

Believe it or not, the medical term for it is "Skeeter Syndrome"!

I never knew that. My mosquito bites turn into deep red bruises. No bullseye marks though, just red welt looking things (not raised).