PDA

View Full Version : I may possibly be the world's worst salesperson

swissair81
07-08-2013, 11:55 AM
I have 3 good strollers to sell and no one wants them (waaaaah!) I promised DH that I would. I have infiltrated every mommy group in my area, I've renewed my CL posting, I've probably even bugged my friends too much if they know someone. DH is getting irritated, I'm irritated, I hope that I like the strollers I plan to keep forever because selling is not what it used to be.

Okay, I'm done complaining now. I just needed to get that out. Carry on :)

hillview
07-08-2013, 12:05 PM
is there a consignment shop you could use? Might not get as much but get it out the door.

hellokitty
07-08-2013, 12:14 PM
I live in gracoland, and so selling my nice strollers locally is not ideal. The only way I've been able to do it is to sell it by-word-of-mouth locally to friends or friends or friends. I got REALLY lucky when I sold my P&T. I ran into a mom at a playground who commented that she always wanted a P&T (at the time I had retired mine and was using a different jogger) and I told her, "you're in luck, I am selling my P&T with doubles kit!" I sold it to her for a reasonable price since it was an older model, but otherwise in great shape and I've seen her around town using it and she seems happy with it. My other friends who tried to sell their P&T's, it took months to sell and one of them finally sold it, but the person had to drive THREE hours to get it!

ebp913
07-08-2013, 12:35 PM
I would look into a local Facebook garage sale group. My town has one and I just posted my double and have several people interested. It's sat on CL for weeks with little interest. You could also try Ebay or the Stroller Swap groups.

swissair81
07-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I actually found a consignment place. I guess I should call them, because this is getting ridiculous.

As for ebay, I don't mind shipping the single because I have a box for it, but I am not shipping a Mountain Buggy Duo. Shipping alone will cost a fortune and plenty of people only look at auctions with free or really low shipping. I know I do.

ebp913
07-08-2013, 01:22 PM
I actually found a consignment place. I guess I should call them, because this is getting ridiculous.

As for ebay, I don't mind shipping the single because I have a box for it, but I am not shipping a Mountain Buggy Duo. Shipping alone will cost a fortune and plenty of people only look at auctions with free or really low shipping. I know I do.
Yea I wouldn't ship a Duo either... Mountain Buggy resale kinda stinks especially if you live in Graco land (and I do too!).

shweethart
07-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Do you have a just between friends Consignment sale near you? I didn't sell a stroller but during presale alone a good chunk of strollers were gone. By the end of the sale majority were sold. Of course depends On your market. Might be a good try vs waiting for CL.

kaharris83
07-08-2013, 03:57 PM
MB resale is not good here in the DC area either. I've never looked at one simply because I like to get back most of what I put out for strollers, if not more. Good luck!! I hope you're able to sell them. Have you tried the Strollerswap group on Facebook at all?

swissair81
07-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Yea I wouldn't ship a Duo either... Mountain Buggy resale kinda stinks especially if you live in Graco land (and I do too!).

I think I live in BOB land. Blargh. I would have bought a BOB for that reason, but I hate the handle and the single front wheel.

ebp913
07-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Do you have a just between friends Consignment sale near you? I didn't sell a stroller but during presale alone a good chunk of strollers were gone. By the end of the sale majority were sold. Of course depends On your market. Might be a good try vs waiting for CL.

That's a great idea I think.

swissair81
07-11-2013, 06:20 PM
O-kay! So I got $150 for my 3 year old Swift and $400 for my Cam. I think I'm on a role. Now for my Duo and then I will only have 3 strollers. I don't know how long it's been since I had that :)

abh5e8
07-11-2013, 06:29 PM
yay! so just because i'm curious...what are your 3?

swissair81
07-11-2013, 06:37 PM
yay! so just because i'm curious...what are your 3?

Donkey
+One
Bee+

ebp913
07-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Donkey
+One
Bee+

What an awesome lineup. I want to add the +One or a Snap Dual to my lineup but my husband can't comprehend needing 2 doubles.

swissair81
07-12-2013, 02:47 PM
It's perfect. One single, one double, and one combo :)

ebp913
07-12-2013, 03:00 PM
It's perfect. One single, one double, and one combo :)

That's my thought EXACTLY but he thinks its just so easy to load our Duallie up in and out of the car... I have a Bee with a Junior X Rider so that's my modified combo for the moment.