PDA

View Full Version : Ways to protect new table?

acmom
07-08-2013, 01:56 PM
We are getting a new kitchen table this week. Our last table was really old and we didn't really worry too much about protecting the surface. We know this one will probably take some abuse and expect to have some scratches, dings, etc., but are looking for ways to minimize this. It will be used exclusively for eating as kids do crafts, playdoh, etc. at their own little table.

How do you protect your table?

pinkmomagain
07-08-2013, 02:01 PM
When my kids were little, we used placemats.

rachelh
07-08-2013, 02:35 PM
We got a glass to cover our wood dining table - so easy to wipe down. It does get minor scratches but they are barely noticeable.

123LuckyMom
07-08-2013, 02:37 PM
We got a glass to cover our wood dining table - so easy to wipe down. It does get minor scratches but they are barely noticeable.

That's a spectacular idea!!! Did you custom order it? What should I Google to find somewhere I could get glass for my (antique) table?

acmom
07-08-2013, 02:48 PM

I thought about this, but the new table has 2 leaves and therefore can be 3 different sizes. We would have to remove and store the glass every time we wanted to use the leaves (and using the leaves to get more seats for in town family was one of the big reasons we got a new table). So unfortunately, I don't think that option will work for us. I can see how it would work really well if your table didn't need to be expanded though!

Mommy_Mea
07-08-2013, 02:53 PM
I got a cute oil cloth/coated cotton table cloth off Etsy. Can't see our pretty table, but protects it from the kids and wipes up easy!