PDA

View Full Version : Graco

Suzan
07-08-2013, 02:11 PM
I am looking for some feedback. Does anyone have any experience with the Graco RoomFor2 Stand & Ride Stroller. I have a 15 month old and will be watching a new born and a 6 month old from time to time. Not all 3 at once. I was wanting a double stroller to make life a little easier when I have the extra munchkins but was not wanting to spend a fortune and need something that will easily fit in the trunk of my car.

Any feedback is appreciated.

PZMommy
07-08-2013, 03:39 PM
I had it for a few days before returning it. It is HUGE when it is folded. It is very long when folded. I ended up folding down one part of my 3rd row, so I could fit it in. (I have a dodge grand caravan). Also the front seat does not recline, even though the description says it does. Since you will be using it with younger kids I wanted to mention it. I used it at the mall once, and it was just really long and awkward to turn in aisles. I found the Graco duo glider to work much better, although that was pretty big and heavy too.

Suzan
07-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the quick reply I will look into the Duo Glider tomorrow. I saw a photo and if nothing else it looks as though the basket is easier to access. I am sure with any dual stroller they are going to be big and bulky.

ebp913
07-08-2013, 04:05 PM
I'd look for a used City Mini or a B-Agile double.

Suzan
07-09-2013, 07:29 AM
So is it better to have a side by side or like the Gracos where one is infront of the other? If anyone has experience with both.

DietCokeLover
07-09-2013, 08:17 AM
I had both and I much preferred side by side.

ebp913
07-09-2013, 10:44 AM
I had both and I much preferred side by side.

Side by sides are easier to push in general.

Suzan
07-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Do they easily fit through doorways and things? I also wonder how easy they fit in the trunk of a car since I just have a sedan no suv or anything big. I think I will have to take a trip to the store and see how they both work and how bulky. If anyone has more to add please feel free. Thank you everyone who responded I really do appreciate it. :)

ebp913
07-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Every double I've tried fits through standard doors. To be honest though, most doubles are big folded whether it's a tandem or side by side, you just have to see what fits in your trunk.

shweethart
07-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Side by side is definitely easier to push.

We have a regular car (not a van or suv) and city mini double fit the best. I'd imagine britax version too.

legaleagle
07-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Definitely look at the Valco Snap also - it's the lightest double on the market and has a pretty compact fold.

ebp913
07-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Definitely look at the Valco Snap also - it's the lightest double on the market and has a pretty compact fold.

That! It's awesome!

PZMommy
07-10-2013, 01:11 PM
When shopping, I really prefer tandem over side by side. I had a City Select and bought a double B Agile for a trip to Disney. The double B Agile handled great and was easy to use even with a just turned 4 yr old and an almost 2 yr old. However, I could not imagine having to navigate through the aisles of Target with it or clothes racks at the mall. It is a stroller I will hold onto for future trips to the zoo, amusement parks, ect, but if I need a full time double, I will be looking for a tandem.