PDA

View Full Version : Just got a MBUD (used) question about tires

shweethart
07-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Hello!

I just got a MBUD for cheap on Craigslist. It has fixed handle bar so I'm guessing it's pre 2005 so it's old but In good shape structurally. The only thing the seller said was she replaced a 2-3 of the inner tubes during the time she had it (about 18 months). 2 tires are different so im guessing they were replaced over the years.

Never having had an air tire stroller before how often do you change tubes? Any other upkeep I should know? Thanks!

gatorsmom
07-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Take it to a bike shop and ask them to show you. They should have the supplies you need too.

shweethart
07-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks!

Probably will do that

gatorsmom
07-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Thanks!

Probably will do that

Sorry, I didn't have time to post more yesterday. I have a 2005 MBUD which i bought new. We've moved a couple of times and everyone of the different bike shops I went to had the right size inner tubes. Only one had an outer tire that fit (or maybe i had to order that special and have them fit it on, can't quite remember). Once you get the right inner tubes I keep a couple of those handy in the basket zipper pocket done below. I also keep a tiny tire pump in there as well as a can of air. When we went to WDW last summer I brought the tiny can of air which made inflating the tires super easy and fast.

Practice a few times at home inflating the new tires and trying to change it. Once your get the hang of it it's easy. The only bummer part is the kids (usually) have to get out of the stroller while you do it. :)

shweethart
07-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Great tips! Thanks!

We went walking with it yesterday. Hubby was pleased with it. Said it felt light and pushes so smooth.
Good score for 50 bux.