PDA

View Full Version : Stupid mistake

AJP
07-08-2013, 03:10 PM
I just received my kids' monogrammed backpacks from lands end and I had my DS's initials put on his. I did the wrong last initial. Yes, I am clearly losing my mind. I even noticed the initials spelled a word and thought nothing of it! This is a bitch, but does any one know if I can have it corrected anywhere? It should be easy enough as I need a "T" turned into a "P".

truly scrumptious
07-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Ugh! I hope you can get it fixed.
I had a store called "Lids" (which specializes in monogramming baseball caps) monogram a PBK Christmas stocking one year - they were the only place which would accept outside items for monogramming. I found them at the local mall - maybe see if you have one nearby who can help?

ahisma
07-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Ack! Check with a local trophy store. They often monogram varsity jackets, etc.

Also, LE has great CS. Might be worth a call.

AJP
07-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Thank you both. We have a lids at one of our malls and I think my inlaws have tenants who do trophies and school monograms. Hoping it works cause I don't want him walking around with V E T on his backpack! Lol

Still-in-Shock
07-08-2013, 07:43 PM
It doesn't hurt to call LE as well, in case there is a V E T who wants that backpack:praying:

hellokitty
07-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Your local embroidery store could probably fix it for you. Find out who does letterman jackets and stuff like that in your area. They would be the ones who could help you.

BunnyBee
07-08-2013, 09:09 PM
They'll have to redo the monogram. It would be impossible to line it up and match the font. They will charge you to remove the monogram too, or you can do it yourself with a seam ripper tool or tiny, sharp scissors. Go at it from the back side. They can monogram over the same area, but be prepared that the old outline may show. Some fabrics will tighten up the holes when they're washed. Steam ironing works better, but that would melt your backpack. If it will bother you, find a place that can monogram patches and make it decorative.

MamaMolly
07-08-2013, 09:29 PM
I was thinking along the lines of BunnyBee and just having a decorative patch sewn on. Or glued on with fabric glue if sewing is intimidating.