PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm starting to show...

TwoBees
07-08-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm not ready to tell my coworkers yet!! I was hoping to get a few more weeks...

ArizonaGirl
07-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Can you go baggy, with the clothing?

Sorry :hug:

specialp
07-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Happened to me too and it isn't fun getting dressed every morning let alone walking through the day wondering if someone is going to ask you! This is what bought me a few more weeks: banded bottom tops with pencil or straight skirts, color cardigans or lightweight blazers (I was in spring) worn open with a dark color fitted top under.

petesgirl
07-08-2013, 11:15 PM
I second the banded bottom tops--I wore those a lot in my first pregnancy and nobody could tell! I'm only 8 weeks but ended up telling my co workers because I felt like I needed an excuse for disappearing to the bathroom (to be sick) so often. I work with a group of people, not really any alone time unless I excuse myself which I am having to do often these days.

TwoBees
07-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Happened to me too and it isn't fun getting dressed every morning let alone walking through the day wondering if someone is going to ask you!

Yes!!

I'm already wearing baggy shirts. I really don't want to buy anything new that I might only wear for a week or two. I'm running out of clothing options though!

bostonsmama
07-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Well, we know our bodies so well that of course we'd think that. In my experience, few people truly know. They might think you ate a bit too much at the buffet last weekend or need to lay off the beer and salt, but I thought for sure everyone at church knew I was pregnant once I started belting dresses under my bra and letting my belly stick out at 14 weeks. NOPE! I suppose they just thought I was fat. I see women ALL THE TIME who look like I do at 17w and aren't even pregnant. Hopefully you'll get a bit more time...or wait until someone rude asks!

citymama
07-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Did I know you were pregnant? Woo hoo! How many weeks?

TwoBees
07-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Did I know you were pregnant? Woo hoo! How many weeks?

Thanks! Nearly 15 weeks. :D

DualvansMommy
07-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Try wearing caridgans? not sure if it's any help!

AnnieW625
07-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Thanks! Nearly 15 weeks. :D

Wow, congrats on making it to 15 weeks without showing. I made it to 9 weeks with baby 2, but 17 weeks with DD1, and about 15 weeks or so with DD2. I have no idea why I showed so early with baby 2 (tri 18 babies grow at a slower rate all around which is why there is such a low birth rate), and in the end it just made it hard because by the time I had lost the baby most everyone had known I was pregnant for quite some time.

Good luck, but I would probably look for some cardigans or long tee shirts, some maxi dresses (unless they are a staple in your wardrobe and you want to wear them when you are not pregnant....DH banned me from wearing maxi dresses post partum because they were all the rage when I was pregnant in 2009/2010), or grin and bear and wear some designer jeans with a bella band and a long tee shirt or tank top.

TwoBees
07-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Wow, congrats on making it to 15 weeks without showing. I made it to 9 weeks with baby 2, but 17 weeks with DD1, and about 15 weeks or so with DD2. I have no idea why I showed so early with baby 2 (tri 18 babies grow at a slower rate all around which is why there is such a low birth rate), and in the end it just made it hard because by the time I had lost the baby most everyone had known I was pregnant for quite some time.

Good luck, but I would probably look for some cardigans or long tee shirts, some maxi dresses (unless they are a staple in your wardrobe and you want to wear them when you are not pregnant....DH banned me from wearing maxi dresses post partum because they were all the rage when I was pregnant in 2009/2010), or grin and bear and wear some designer jeans with a bella band and a long tee shirt or tank top.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'm NOT showing, but no one at work has said anything (as well they shouldn't!). But I'm trying to hide it as best I can...I'm really just not ready to tell.