PDA

View Full Version : Help with bath mat, shower curtain and towels

crl
07-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Our master bath remodel is in progress and I'd like to get the bath mat, shower curtain and towels soon.

It will be a tiny white and grey bathroom with a vintage vibe--chrome fixtures, white cast iron tub, white subway tile with grey pencil liner, grey marmoleum floor, white vanity with soapstone top. I am planning to use Benj. Moore Angelica for the paint. It is a pale grey-lavender color.

So, what color(s) would you go with for the accessories? Grey, lavender, purple, white? What shade?

I am thinking white for the shower curtain and either medium grey or purple for the bath mat and towels?

Also, I would like to try one of those waterproof fabric shower curtains that don't require a liner. Has anyone done this? How well does it work?

And I feel like I still haven't figured out bathmats. I got what I thought was a nice one from Garnet Hill, but it was cotton and it just got all flat and matted down within a day or so of being washed. But the fake fiber ones (what are they acrylic) don't seem to feel all that nice. Any thoughts on bath mats?

Thanks!
Catherine

crl
07-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Bumping. :)

Catherine

lizzywednesday
07-09-2013, 03:46 PM
I like the inexpensive Charter Club bath mats from Macy's, though we have cheap ones from Target (their Target Home line?) that have held up OK for the last few years.

I haven't tried the fabric curtains because I like to "hide" the tub with an inner & outer curtain. (Also, I live close enough to an IKEA that I can replace a cheap PEVA liner fairly inexpensively.)

With your color scheme, I am actually envisioning a rich purple for bath mats, but I don't think that necessarily suits your "vintage" vibe ... or your taste! (Sorry! I like "loud" colors with a lot of contrast to neutrals.)

crl
07-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I like the inexpensive Charter Club bath mats from Macy's, though we have cheap ones from Target (their Target Home line?) that have held up OK for the last few years.

I haven't tried the fabric curtains because I like to "hide" the tub with an inner & outer curtain. (Also, I live close enough to an IKEA that I can replace a cheap PEVA liner fairly inexpensively.)

With your color scheme, I am actually envisioning a rich purple for bath mats, but I don't think that necessarily suits your "vintage" vibe ... or your taste! (Sorry! I like "loud" colors with a lot of contrast to neutrals.)

Thanks! I actually like bathrooms with a nice pop of color from the accessories. A few I saved to my Houzz idea book had pale blue walls with bright lime accents. Not as many lavender bathrooms out there so I haven't had much luck finding visuals. The adjacent master bedroom is painted Richmond Grey (paint job from when the house was put on the market) which is actually green. So I am trying to figure out if green towels or purple towels or maybe pinker lavender towels might give that fun bit of color. . . . .Grey seems like the most practicl choice. . . .

Catherine

arivecchi
07-09-2013, 04:04 PM
I always admire this set from anthro:

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/home-bath/23781313.jsp

crl
07-09-2013, 04:11 PM
I always admire this set from anthro:

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/home-bath/23781313.jsp

Hmm, cute, but I'm not seeing the yellow and orange with lavender walls.

Catherine

crl
07-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Anyone have experience with Turkish towels?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/130320287/turkishtowel-set-of-2-newmarine?ref=shop_home_active

This kind of towel keeps popping up in my searches for quick drying bath towels love the stripes, but they are a bit pricey. . . .

Catherine