PDA

View Full Version : anyone else re: baby kicks

megs4413
07-09-2013, 03:07 PM
i have posted before about this child's ability to really give me a pounding, but today this has taken a bad turn for me and I'm wondering if there is ANYTHING I can do or anyone who can commiserate. The baby is kicking (or punching or whatever) in a way that is making me very, very nauseated. I'm finding it difficult not to vomit. she seems to be hitting me somewhere that just elicits a gag out of me for some reason. these are not gentle movements. had an u/s yesterday and she's head down and doesn't have a ton of room (seems too early for that, but whatever) so I don't know how much I could get her to move, but there's got to be something I can do, right? HELP!

sarahsthreads
07-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Oh no. :(

I can't commiserate with that level of activity (this guy's active, but not so much that he's making me sick...yet?) but I couldn't read and not post a hug or two. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know I can get mine to shift a bit if I lay down on one side and then roll onto my back (not for extended periods, of course) or my other side. That's when I get those full-body stretches where he sort of shifts from one side to the other. Maybe that would cause the major kicking to happen in just enough of a different spot to not make you feel sick?

Also...not sure if this is an option, but pretty much every time I get in a pool, my guy settles down for a good long non-squirmy nap in there...

I hope you find a solution!
Sarah

BabyBearsMom
07-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Have you tried prenatal yoga? I did a weekly class and then practiced it at home every night. It really helped me stay more comfortable and I know when DD2 was laying on an important organ I could do some positions and that would sometimes get her into a better spot. Good luck!

Philly Mom
07-09-2013, 04:59 PM
DD2 is not moving much so I cannot commisserate but can offer lots of hugs. With DD1, she did move a lot and made me feel awful at times but not as bad as you are describing. During labor with DD1, the l&d nurse had me move into various positions to try to get DD1 to move into a better position. It worked. so I would try moving in different positions. One position she had me in was on my side, with my leg on top of a pillow which was on top of a table so the leg was pretty high up. She had me lay there for a long time. I know for my mom, she also thought that being in a pool with each of her kids helped her tremendously. I think she swam side stroke or breast stroke. I second that suggestion as well.

Wife_and_mommy
07-09-2013, 07:21 PM
I have a ninja inside me. I have to press into the area at times because its very painful and startling. I'm not nauseous anymore so don't get sick but I'm flabbergasted that a 2-3# baby can be hurting me the way he does. I'm assuming its a heel so hoping growth makes for less room and movement and not even more pain. I've never experienced anything like this.

Hope your little one settles down!