PDA

View Full Version : So tired

flashy09
07-09-2013, 08:32 PM
I am so so so tired. Wake up feeling unrefreshed and basically have to struggle to keep my eyes open all day. I was half this tired with DD and it was over by 10 weeks. What if this never goes away?? I can't feel excited about the new baby when I feel this way and am scared that if it doesn't go away I won't be able to deal with a newborn and a 2 yr old. Is it normal to feel this way at 11 weeks or should it be better now?

SnuggleBuggles
07-09-2013, 08:36 PM
It really took me till 12 weeks to shake it. Then it came back with a vengeance at the end!

Philly Mom
07-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Took me 16 weeks to not want to go to bed by 8. You should be turning a corner soon. I def was an outlier in how long it crushed me.

BDKmom
07-09-2013, 09:22 PM
With DS, it was about 14 weeks before I started to perk up a little. Everyone kept telling me that I would feel much better in the second trimester, but I never really did, although the fatigue did let up some.

With DD, I didn't have nearly the same level of fatigue, but I had more nausea, so still didn't feel like doing much.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Tondi G
07-10-2013, 02:03 AM
Make sure you have your iron levels checked. I know several people who needed to take iron supplements and it made a huge difference in their energy level. If you do look at floravit/floradix to avoid the constipation that usually goes hand in hand with taking iron supplements.

Hopefully for you it is just the first trimester drag and in the next few weeks things will improve.

TwoBees
07-10-2013, 08:27 AM
I started to get some energy back around 11 weeks or so, it came back gradually. At nearly 15 weeks, I still have days where I am exhausted. I think it is still normal at 12 weeks, but check with your doctor at your next appointment.

I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

DualvansMommy
07-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I can sympathize!! You just described me to a T. I'm 12 and half weeks now with no signs of the tiredness abating....not easy when i've a 2 year old and always out to our cousins swimming pools. Swimming and getting in AC home makes me just nod off!

hang in there....try taking a 40 min nap when your little one naps? i do that some days when i don't have anything pressing to do. Laundry and the like CAN wait. i find that catnap for me is a real sanity for me to cope with the evenings once my DS wakes up at 3 from his nap.

almostmom
07-10-2013, 01:15 PM
I was exhausted in both my pregnancies until 14 weeks. Later than I wanted for sure! But then I felt great for my second trimester - lots of energy and perk. So there is still a chance it will go away soon!

marymoo86
07-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Make sure you have your iron levels checked. I know several people who needed to take iron supplements and it made a huge difference in their energy level. If you do look at floravit/floradix to avoid the constipation that usually goes hand in hand with taking iron supplements.

Hopefully for you it is just the first trimester drag and in the next few weeks things will improve.

Took about 12 weeks with me but I did also have low iron - not too low that I needed to take supplements. Was able to correct with dietary changes. TJs has an organic dark chocolate bar that has 40% RDA of iron per serving :D

flashy09
07-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks for all the sympathy! Today was better actually and I didn't imagine never feeling better again like yesterday, lol. I had a CBC at my last appointment and should get the results when I have a scan on Tuesday - I assume that checks the iron level? I had low iron immediately after giving birth, but it was back up 6 weeks later and always good otherwise.

It all just seems so much harder this time around. I am showing already, my back hurts, I have headaches ....definitely feel two years older!

I find out the gender in the next few days so that should lift my spirits!

TwoBees
07-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Thanks for all the sympathy! Today was better actually and I didn't imagine never feeling better again like yesterday, lol. I had a CBC at my last appointment and should get the results when I have a scan on Tuesday - I assume that checks the iron level? I had low iron immediately after giving birth, but it was back up 6 weeks later and always good otherwise.

It all just seems so much harder this time around. I am showing already, my back hurts, I have headaches ....definitely feel two years older!

I find out the gender in the next few days so that should lift my spirits!

yes, a CBC will check your iron levels (hemoglobin and hematocrit).

You're also chasing around a toddler! It's much harder when you have to keep going going going and never get a chance to sit down!

BTW, how are you finding out the gender so early?

gymnbomb
07-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Took about 12 weeks with me but I did also have low iron - not too low that I needed to take supplements. Was able to correct with dietary changes. TJs has an organic dark chocolate bar that has 40% RDA of iron per serving :D

Haven't gotten my lab results back yet so I don't know how my iron levels are, but this sounds like a great reason to go to TJ's! I think I even have a gift card somewhere...

flashy09
07-11-2013, 12:19 PM
yes, a CBC will check your iron levels (hemoglobin and hematocrit).

You're also chasing around a toddler! It's much harder when you have to keep going going going and never get a chance to sit down!

BTW, how are you finding out the gender so early?

Yes, I am sure the chasing is a big part of it! I took the Panorama blood test at 9 weeks and it detects the gender as well. Will be sort of weird to not find out during a scan, but I love knowing what I am having so excited to have such early results.