PDA

View Full Version : What to wear for photoshoot?

twotimesblue
07-09-2013, 10:41 PM
My DS2 has a photoshoot on Thursday and I have no idea what we should all wear! The photographer wants to shoot at a local park, and as my kids' cutest outfits are all blues (not the best against the green grass?) I'm stuck as to what color family to look to. Help!

eagle
07-09-2013, 11:13 PM
a theme for the family. everyone wears something simple like everyone in blue jeans and white tops/cardigans/sweaters. or blue jeans and red shirt. or khakis and blue shirt (even with the green in the park). good luck with the shoot!

crl
07-09-2013, 11:42 PM
We have done outdoor family pics in blue and I think it looked fine against th predominately green background. We also did plum one year and it lookd surprisingly great against a green background.

Catherine

smiles33
07-10-2013, 12:12 AM
My DS2 has a photoshoot on Thursday and I have no idea what we should all wear! The photographer wants to shoot at a local park, and as my kids' cutest outfits are all blues (not the best against the green grass?) I'm stuck as to what color family to look to. Help!

Personally, I think blue still looks good on green grass. I also think similar but not matching outfits is more attractive. Here are some photos from pinterest for inspiration:

Weird. I can't embed photos anymore in this new version of the boards even using the Insert Image icon....

azzeps
07-10-2013, 01:04 AM
I'd start with YOUR outfit - pick out what you feel good in, and think looks good on you. Then everyone else can coordinate. I don't think it has to be matching, necessarily, but at least harmonizing, like in the photos posted above.

jgenie
07-10-2013, 05:44 AM
I'd start with YOUR outfit - pick out what you feel good in, and think looks good on you. Then everyone else can coordinate. I don't think it has to be matching, necessarily, but at least harmonizing, like in the photos posted above.

:yeahthat: I always do it the other way around and then am stuck wearing something I don't love. Your DS will look great in whatever you pick - find something you like for yourself first.

MSWR0319
07-10-2013, 07:27 AM
We're doing blues and plum for our outside photoshoot next month. I agree with starting with your outfit if you can. I started with a shirt for DS1 and went from there. While I knew what I was envisioning for the rest of the family, it took me a LONG time to find it and I"m still not 100% sure I like the dress I picked.

specialp
07-10-2013, 09:12 AM
We did blues and berry for our park shoot last month. I started with me (berry/navy dress) and went from there. Kids look cute in anything. I, however, take effort. :wink2:We had different shades of blues and all looked good with the park background so I wouldn't worry about that.