PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Mountain Buggy Swift tire question

jenrub
07-10-2013, 06:35 PM
DH noticed a flat on the tire of the swift yesterday while walking and took it to get air pumped afterwards only to check and it went flat again by the time we went home while it was just laying flat in the trunk. He said the inner tubes need to be replaced and he checked amazon and they had it but didn't specify anything more than just for 10" swift. I checked MB website and they had a bundle for uj and +one but mentioned something about the pre 2010 ones to be different that they had which were out of stock. Question is.... Should I order the amazon one which doesn't have the year specified, take it to a bike shop which DH refuses to do since he said he can just do it, or would any of you recommend another option of dealing with this? Btw, there aren't any B&M around here that carry the swift or if ever, at least an hour away so researching or ordering online would be preferable. TIA!

candaceb
07-10-2013, 07:05 PM
You probably just need a tube. I have replaced them on my 2010 Swift twice. It's a little tricky to get the whole thing back together but I figured it out. Definitely get a MB tube so the stem will be in the right place. I ordered my last tube through a third party dealer on amazon.

jenrub
07-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks! I just ordered one also from a third party seller on amazon. Off topic.... Do you or is it safe to jog/walk intermittently with the swift even though it has air tires but no suspension? DD is 2 1/2 and rides in it when we go to the track so I'm not sure if it's ok co'z DH sometimes can't just walk with her in it. The thought of a Bob is entering my mind but DH disapproves.

ETA: Played it safe and I just borrowed SIL's Bob since she has her Duallie that she's using and the single was just not being used.