PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have gel home nail kit

ray7694
07-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Looking for reviews

waitingforgrace
07-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Yes I have the Red Carpet Manicure pro system (the one with the nicer LED light) and am really happy with it. I don't find it really takes that much longer to paint my nails, well correction, the painting process is longer, but if you include drying time in traditional nail polish not any longer. I get a good 10-12 days out of the polish. After that the nail growth starts to bug me so I usually take it off but if I don't care or use a really light color I can easily leave it on 2 weeks. They have a nice variety of colors and have lots of "nail art" type things now too, like glitter, appliques, that type of thing available if that interests you. I own probably 14 colors and like them all. I love that it is dry and done once you are finished with it, no waiting around for it to dry. Removing the polish is PITA, no way around it. You have to use acetone and soak your nails for a good 10 minutes or more but then the polish comes right off. DO NOT just peel the polish off, it will damage your nails. That's honestly the biggest downside is having to spend so much time removing the polish. Both Ulta and drugstore.com have had the pro kit on sale for $50.

TwoBees
07-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Yes I have the Red Carpet Manicure pro system (the one with the nicer LED light) and am really happy with it. I don't find it really takes that much longer to paint my nails, well correction, the painting process is longer, but if you include drying time in traditional nail polish not any longer. I get a good 10-12 days out of the polish. After that the nail growth starts to bug me so I usually take it off but if I don't care or use a really light color I can easily leave it on 2 weeks. They have a nice variety of colors and have lots of "nail art" type things now too, like glitter, appliques, that type of thing available if that interests you. I own probably 14 colors and like them all. I love that it is dry and done once you are finished with it, no waiting around for it to dry. Removing the polish is PITA, no way around it. You have to use acetone and soak your nails for a good 10 minutes or more but then the polish comes right off. DO NOT just peel the polish off, it will damage your nails. That's honestly the biggest downside is having to spend so much time removing the polish. Both Ulta and drugstore.com have had the pro kit on sale for $50.

I was told by a nail technician at a salon (so take this with a grain of salt) that the faster, LED light is actually worse for your skin than the longer UV light. Any idea about this? It was the first time I had heard it and I'm just curious; I always though the UV exposure was worse.