PDA

View Full Version : anyone who says teething doesn't affect sleep...

lmh2402
07-11-2013, 04:02 AM
should stop by my house.

DD just sprouted her third tooth in five days. wasn't there when she went to bed. but it's there now and she's been howling for hours. on end. for days. on end. i've reached new levels of delirium during the day and her naps flat out suck too. i'm at a point where it's probably not safe for me to operate a motor vehicle, and yet i have no choice b/c of the multitude of appt we have each and every day for both kids.

poo on you, weissbluth. and you too, tooth growing fairy.

that is all.

Melaine
07-11-2013, 06:25 AM
I'm sorry!! It is ridiculous for anyone to say that teething doesn't affect sleep...how can those teeth (particularly those big honkin' molars) come through without causing a lot of pain? I know some kids are great sleepers and might be able to sleep through it but that is certainly NOT the case with DS. I went out of town last week kind of suddenly for a medical appointment and ended up staying with my parents for 3 nights. Things have just gone down hill since we got back with sleep....he's been waking up over and over all night and I end up nursing him in bed again out of desperation. Night before last he had projectile vomiting in the middle of the night too just to add some extra challenge. And naps went back two 30 minutes and he's been waking at like 5 AM....I'm convinced that some kids are just poor sleepers and not much can be done.

sarahsthreads
07-11-2013, 06:32 AM
BTDT and yes indeed they do affect sleep. Anyone who says otherwise never had a teething child.

I hope you get a little break now that she's gotten three in five days. (Poor baby, that must be really uncomfortable!)

Sarah

BabyBearsMom
07-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Who says teething doesn't impact sleep? That person has obviously never had a teething child. Sorry mama

MamaMolly
07-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Oh poor little baby mouth! Of course it hurts. Maybe we can punch those doubters in the mouth before they go to bed and see how soundly they sleep? And poor mama. I remember that zombie daze. Oh if I could come and take your kids out while you nap for a few hours I would!! :grouphug:

okinawama
07-11-2013, 02:22 PM
I had braces recently, and OMG, mouth/teeth pain is intense. I have so much more sympathy for my kids when they're teething because teeth pain affects the entire face, and makes eating and sleeping very tough! If I suspect teething pain I medicate my kids without hesitation! The day of and at least 2days following getting my braces worked on, I used motrin liberally out of necessity, and I totally do it for my kids knowing how painful teeth pain can be! I hope they pop through soon and you all get some relief!