PDA

View Full Version : Help please! Can I bleach an SPF 50 sunshirt??

Mopey
07-11-2013, 09:56 PM
So apparently my daughter shared some red popsicle (oh joy!) on the beach with her cousin and it dried all over her white sunshirt which I did not find for a few days. And it was supposed to last her through next summer too. I've tried soaking it for hours, hot and cold, soap and no. It's come out to the point where it's light chartreuse/orange (wth??? hahahaha) in the different spots....

Can I bleach it with a run in the sink with soap and hot water or will the bleach hurt the fabric? I can't find any info on their site....

Many TIA :)

edurnemk
07-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm pretty sure you shouldn't, even if it doesn't ruin the fabric, it might strip all of the SPF 50 protection. Though the do sell a wash to make clothes SPF 50, so maybe you could use that afterwards.

Nooknookmom
07-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Oxyclean on the spot? Diluted peroxide? I would kot bleach it.

If no luck I'd leave the stain...ESP if it's for the beach it's gonna get dirty if it's white anyway!

Mikey0709
07-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I was going to suggest oxyclean! Somehow we always end up with Popsicles when we have white rash guards on! We just have cheaper old navy shirts, but the oxy seems to always work!