PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire 32 GB or Nook Tablet 32 GB ?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
07-12-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm going to get one of these. I just can't make up my mind which one. So far the only difference I can see between the two is the cost and the fact that the kindle has a timer on it to limit how long the children can play games.

Am I missing something. Some glaringly huge difference?

Could folks let me know? Because right now I'm leaning towards a nook. Thanks so much.

Tondi G
07-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Buy the Kindle Fire. They are phasing out the Nook. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/07/10/barnes--noble-bookstore-chain-william-lynch-jr/2506357/

We LOVE our Kindle Fires. Our neighbor bought a Nook initially even after I told her to get the Fire. They had issues with their Nook and ended up buying a Fire. They are much happier with their Kindle.

eagle
07-12-2013, 04:38 PM
i would run from the nook. looks like kindle will be around for a little while at least. dont get the nook because the books you buy wont be supported as long.

ncat
07-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Both DH and one of my co-workers recently got the Nook and have been really happy. The Nook has a slot for a memory card. They can get the Google Play apps and are not stuck with the Nook-specific apps. DH can access my entire Kindle library and read it using the Kindle app.

crl
07-12-2013, 08:06 PM
In my limited experience (trying to help my parents with their nook) B&N employees are useless at answering nook questions. I would go for kindle for the Amazon access.

(I don't actually know the price difference, but after my nook experience with my parents I am ever so grateful to have an iPad mini that just intuitively works and that I can take to the Genius Bar where they really do know what they are doing if I ever do have trouble. So my real vote is ipad mini. ;) )

Catherine

rlu
07-13-2013, 12:38 AM
We went with the nook hd due to price and the fact is provides what we wanted - ereader, apps, email, and parental controls.