PDA

View Full Version : so so so sick of being the bad cop with DS2 ALL THE TIME

hillview
07-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Argh. I am so sick of being the one that enforces rules and means it. DS2 is upstairs SCREAMING at the top of his lungs that he hates me and WHY!!! I want to go hide.

queenmama
07-12-2013, 06:46 PM
:( Sorry. That really stinks, and it's completely unfair.

Still-in-Shock
07-12-2013, 08:10 PM
:hug: Can you record DS2, and play it for your husband when he comes home? And can you cry while you are both listening?
It won't change anything, but invoking guilt is sometimes fun.

hillview
07-12-2013, 08:24 PM
:( Sorry. That really stinks, and it's completely unfair.
thanks

:hug: Can you record DS2, and play it for your husband when he comes home? And can you cry while you are both listening?
It won't change anything, but invoking guilt is sometimes fun.
thanks you made me laugh. DH was right here when it all happened. SIGH

123LuckyMom
07-12-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm so, so sorry, and I feel your pain! I am already the bad cop, but there isn't even a good cop. I'm the only cop! Hugs to you!

Still-in-Shock
07-12-2013, 10:13 PM
hillview, I glad you got a laugh out of my comment.

Hugs to all the bad cops! Your kids will turn out great because you stand your ground!

MamaMolly
07-12-2013, 11:37 PM
hillview, I glad you got a laugh out of my comment.

Hugs to all the bad cops! Your kids will turn out great because you stand your ground!

:yeahthat: It's hard but worth it in the end. Maybe I'm a big meanie but when my children say how much they hate me or how I'm unfair I tell them Good! It means I'm doing my job!

Fairy
07-13-2013, 12:34 AM
I'm so sorry :-(. I'm the bad cop, too. Almost always, I'm the bad cop, and DH doesn't mind telling me to cool it in front of him and others, which makes me the worse cop. ((((((Hugs)))))))

bisous
07-13-2013, 10:31 AM
:yeahthat: It's hard but worth it in the end. Maybe I'm a big meanie but when my children say how much they hate me or how I'm unfair I tell them Good! It means I'm doing my job!

This. I know this sounds weird but reading your post I can almost *hear* how much your DS loves you in it. Truly. He's struggling with his own issues but I know deep down he can tell it is because you care and you love him, otherwise he wouldn't put up such a fuss. Good job, mama for hanging in there! I know what it is like to have a boundary tester. It is hard! Hugs! :)

anonomom
07-13-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm so sorry. It's a huge pain to be the bad cop. It's small comfort now, but I'm betting in 20 years your son (and his future SO) will be grateful that you were there to be the bad cop.

MSWR0319
07-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Argh. I am so sick of being the one that enforces rules and means it. DS2 is upstairs SCREAMING at the top of his lungs that he hates me and WHY!!! I want to go hide.

I so get it. DS was screaming bloody murder at me today for over an hour because I was enforcing rules. Meanwhile, DH was making comments about how DS won't listen. Then once DS had calmed down DH gave right into him. I hate being the only parent who has a backbone. However, I do think the pp are right. DS knows I'm always there for him. I am the one DS always wants to help console him or snuggle with.

KpbS
07-13-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry, hillview. I find it totally mentally/physically/emotionally exhausting disciplining kids and some days feel like that is all I do all.day.long. :hug: