PDA

View Full Version : For fun: What are your cravings/aversions during pregnancy?

petesgirl
07-12-2013, 11:54 PM
With both pregnancies, cottage cheese and bean burritos have been staples in the first tri. I also craved a lot of chicken during the first few weeks of this pregnancies and my current guilty pleasure is bagels with cream cheese! Why do cravings always have to be unhealthy?

I am having a really hard time eating fruits and veggies this pregnancies. Once I start forcing them down, I actually enjoy them and they don't upset my stomach but they don't sound at all appealing.

queenmama
07-13-2013, 01:35 AM
I ate tons of cantaloupe at first, which was right at the time of the listeria recall. Thankfully ours came from a "safe" supplier, but I was turned off of them after that.

I ate a ton of eggs. And when I was queasy the only thing I could handle was a plain cheeseburger from McDonald's. GAG.

georgiegirl
07-13-2013, 07:27 AM
First trimester, I was adverse to all foods. Occasionally I would crave acidic fruit like pineapple or grapefruit. Now with a month to go, I've become a little blah about food. French fries sound good. I'm kind of adverse to eggs (I tried to eat them in the first trimester and that was a bad idea.). I'm headed to the farmers market soon where I will get a spinach and cheese papusa...yum!

TxCat
07-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Only thing that I have craved intermittently this pregnancy is Italian salad dressing.

Otherwise, lots of food aversions, courtesy of the 1st trimester morning sickness that hasn't totally gone away (depending on what I'm eating): anything minty, especially toothpaste; milk; oatmeal; sweets early in pregnancy (now they are okay!); BBQ (bad dinner during the 1st tri/early 2nd tri); chicken intermittently; La Croix sparkling water; herbal iced teas; ginger ale; Clif bars/protein bars; cinnamon rolls - basically anything that got me through the first trimester/really bad morning sickness.

cono0507
07-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Preg #1: cheeseburgers and onion rings. Only gained 20 pounds fortunately because with those cravings it could have gotten out of hand!

Preg #2: watermelon and raspberries

Funny enough, my first born is in love with cheeseburgers and my second with watermelon!

DualvansMommy
07-13-2013, 12:34 PM
With my first pregnancy, I was constantly nausea for 15 weeks, so didn't eat much! Anything textural like spinach and the like was a big no no.

I had a huge craving for pop cereal but limited myself to a bowl once a week! And constantly craved for a cold glass f milk!

Now with this pregnancy, it's strange. I didn't have the constant nausea but do have it that comes and goes. I'm 13 weeks so far with not much of an appetite for anything.

Cate

flashy09
07-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Wine and sushi

Wish I was joking!

I do seem to crave burgers when pregnant and usually I am not much of a red meat eater. Ice cream too, but that's a constant for me!

georgiegirl
07-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Wine and sushi

Wish I was joking!

The more pregnant I get, the less patience I have, and the more I crave wine...especially when my kids start fighting horribly in the late afternoon.

AnnieW625
07-15-2013, 12:38 PM
With DD1 I craved Velveeta, yes I know it is not real cheese. As a joke for Christmas my brother actually bought me a block of it. My food aversions were milk until around the middle of the second trimester when I decided I wanted corn flakes and couldn't have corn flakes without milk. I didn't eat any fish until about 6weeks before I had DD1. I also used to get a horrible stomach ache if I drank green tea so I actually didn't start drinking green tea again until recently. Eating bread also didn't screw around with my IBS like it had been for the year or so prior like it had been before getting pregnant.

With DD2 I couldn't eat any food that could give me heart burn as I had it really bad with her, and low and behold DD2 had reflux until around 15 months old. I craved tuna from about mid second trimester on, and I ate tuna fish sandwiches on occaision.

BDKmom
07-15-2013, 12:58 PM
With DS, I couldn't eat hamburgers for about 14-16 weeks. I craved Caesar salad, Mexican food and Chick-fil-a (I think the CFA went along with the no burger thing).

With DD, I didn't really have any aversions. I craved margaritas, pickles, and jolly ranchers.

BabyBearsMom
07-15-2013, 01:07 PM
With DD1 I craved fried chicken and then randomly at the end of the pregnancy, I wanted to eat raw hamburger whenever I was cooking (I did not indulge this craving). With DD2, all I wanted to eat was kiwi. Ironically, DD2 hates kiwi.

ECUPirateMom
07-15-2013, 06:19 PM
I crave crushed ice ALL THE TIME (and with all my pregnancies) preferably from Sonic :) but I also eat several large cups of shaved ice each day too (hubby actually bought me a snow cone maker for this reason alone lol).

Curious if anybody else has experienced this but I've also started having "smell cravings" with this pregnancy?!?!?! Like I love the smell of a few certain things so much that I regularly seek them out...i.e. my Dove Cucumber green tea body wash, my Lavender scent Fabuloso (cleaner) and Trapp Orange Vanilla candles. I sometimes clean the counters/floors/sink just so I can smell my Fabuloso...my husband actually caught me sniffing my loofah for an extended period of time post shower, and I have an expensive habit of burning Trapp orange vanilla candles ALL THE TIME! Okay I may have just admitted to the weirdest pregnancy cravings ever LOL!

lizzywednesday
07-16-2013, 09:05 AM
While pregnant with DD, I went off chicken, HFCS, artificial colors/food dye, and zucchini.

Once I could eat (11-ish weeks?), I really-really-REALLY-REALLY wanted steak & broccoli, which DH got from the diner.

I also ate tons of Nutella. TONS. As in those big, huge, warehouse club sized tubs of it. Sometimes, I even put it on sandwiches.

And every day I'd have an afternoon "snack" that was a UHT box of chocolate milk.