PDA

View Full Version : Small bath paint color (no windows)?

hillview
07-13-2013, 08:35 PM
We have a small poweder room off the playroom. It needs to be painted. In it are a white toilet, white pedistal sink, white washer and dryer (side by side). The floor is a very light tan color of tile. There are no windows in the room. Any great suggestions? TIA

specialp
07-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Winter flannel by valspar. I just painted with it in a smaller room with hardwood floors and white shutters/furniture and like it a lot. I would really like to paint my small powder room that color. (It is currently Benjamin Moore confederate red w/ no windows.)

anonomom
07-13-2013, 09:56 PM
I can't give you a specific paint color name/number, but we had a very small bathroom in my first house that we painted the lightest of aqua blues. We started with the bright white base and went with the palest aqua we could find that wasn't actually just a bluish white. It was lovely and calming, and made the room feel very airy.

Mommy_Mea
07-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Our tiny half bath has bead board on the bottom half and a apple green on the top half. i love it.

karstmama
07-14-2013, 06:41 AM
i'd consider a barely there sagey green, like mommy-mea's sig but lighter.

WatchingThemGrow
07-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Two tiny full baths in our old house were painted SW Open Air. Beautiful color. Prior to that, they were Rainwashed, which had a slightly greener tint.

spannaz
07-14-2013, 07:35 AM
We did our main level half bath (no windows) in a really light grey-blue. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCat
07-14-2013, 08:21 AM
I can't give you a specific paint color name/number, but we had a very small bathroom in my first house that we painted the lightest of aqua blues. We started with the bright white base and went with the palest aqua we could find that wasn't actually just a bluish white. It was lovely and calming, and made the room feel very airy.

This is what I was going to suggest as well.

westwoodmom04
07-14-2013, 08:28 AM
We have a similar situation. Our half bath on the first floor is literally the size of a coat closet (only has toilet and small sink w/no cabinet). But it does have a small window. Would the same colors work?

crl
07-14-2013, 09:22 AM
We did Benj. Moore's cameo white (a slightly pink white) in our tiny powder room in our last house. I read once that a color along those lines is a great choice for a powder room because it is flattering to most people. ;).

Catherine

kara97210
07-14-2013, 11:07 AM
In our last house the powder room was SW Sea Salt. It is a very pretty light blue/green. A friend of mine just wallpapered her powder room with a really modern print and its so cool, especially because the rest of her house is pretty neutral. It definitely distracts from the room being so small.

BunnyBee
07-14-2013, 12:52 PM
What are the colors in the rooms around it? I like deep colors in small spaces sometimes. It doesn't sound like you want an "elegant" color with a washer-dryer in there ;) so I'd pick a fun, bold color. Or a medium gray and bright accessories. Good lighting makes it not feel like a cave, along with a big mirror.

mackmama
07-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Edgecomb Gray by Benjamin Moore

hellokitty
07-14-2013, 03:27 PM
I really lke the suggestions of a pale aqua/blue color. It would look so quaint with the white toilet/sink and applainces.

mackmama
07-14-2013, 03:29 PM
If you want a light aqua- try Opal Essence by BM. A paint consultant just recommended it to me, and I love it. Another neat idea could be to paint the walls a neutral light gray and then the ceiling in the light aqua.