PDA

View Full Version : Best brownie recipe

TxCat
07-13-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm a pregnant woman with cravings. What's everyone's favorite brownie recipe?

kristenk
07-13-2013, 11:52 PM
I've posted this before, and it's still my favorite brownie recipe (and brownie, in general).

Sand Art Brownies
1/3 cup cocoa
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 large eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix everything together. Pour in 9x9 pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. If using a glass or enamel pan, bake at 325.

If I remember correctly, it takes a lot longer to cook than 30 minutes. I might be thinking of another recipe, though. I just stick a toothpick in them to see if it comes out clean.

I've never used walnuts. I frequently play around with the kind of chips used in the recipe and have been happy with all of the results.

crl
07-14-2013, 01:46 AM
I love butterscotch brownies.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/butterscotch-brownies-i/. I substitute butter for the shortening and I melt the butter. I also omit the walnuts.

Catherine

Beth24
07-14-2013, 01:58 AM
This the best!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use butter wrapper to grease an 8x8 baking pan, then make a sling with parchment paper so you can lift the brownies when they're done.

Sift and then whisk, 2/3 cup flour, 3/4 cup ground chocolate powder (I use Ghiradellis, it has to be sweetened), 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp baking powder.

Mis 2 eggs, 1 stick melted butter and 1 tsp vanilla. Add dry ingredients, then 1 cup chocolate chips. Bake about 30 minutes.

Mommy_Mea
07-14-2013, 05:49 AM
I'm a pregnant woman with cravings. What's everyone's favorite brownie recipe?

I buy the Ghirardelli mix, lol. Seriously, I can't make anything better than that from scratch!

khm
07-14-2013, 09:10 AM
I buy the Ghirardelli mix, lol. Seriously, I can't make anything better than that from scratch!

That what I use! I take them to all kinds of parties and people devour them. I always feel a bit lame, but the results speak for themselves..... I always field recipe requests and take home a pan scraped clean. They are good. Costco sells a box with 6 mixes....

SnuggleBuggles
07-14-2013, 09:14 AM
I like the Trader Joe's mix even better. The Ghirardeli ones never come out of the pan easily for me. I get compliments on the TJ ones all the time.

crl
07-14-2013, 09:16 AM
I like the Trader Joe's mix even better. The Ghirardeli ones never come out of the pan easily for me. I get compliments on the TJ ones all the time.

This is what we do when we want chocolate brownies. And then we throw some extra chocolate chips on top before baking.

Catherine

WitMom
07-14-2013, 09:26 AM
I second (third?) the Ghiradeli mix....the one they sell at Costco. The Ghiradeli mix they sell in the grocery stores around here is not the same as the Costco mix....the Costco one is triple chocolate. The grocery store ones are just "normal" lol.

AnnieW625
07-14-2013, 10:58 AM

:yeahthat: I can do them from scratch (recipe from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook), but I just buy the big box from Costco and it works great. I always have it on hand. I have friends who swear by the Pillsbury box mix, but I can't get it to cook right.

I have had mixed results with the Trader Joes ones, sometimes they come out good and other times they don't. I like the normal Ghiradeli ones as well.

stinkyfeet
07-14-2013, 12:52 PM

:yeahthat: I like baking from scratch too, but I like these brownies the best.

Pyrodjm
07-14-2013, 01:41 PM
I love these: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-brownies/detail.aspx

Simple and fast with cheap pantry ingredients.

Ceepa
07-14-2013, 02:00 PM
And then we throw some extra chocolate chips on top before baking.

That sounds SO good.

crl
07-14-2013, 02:03 PM
That sounds SO good.

It is. Dh thought of it. :)

Catherine

candaceb
07-14-2013, 02:09 PM
I make the Ghiradelli brownies when I need something for kids, but for adults I make Ina Garten's Outrageous Brownies.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/outrageous-brownies-recipe3/index.html

erosenst
07-14-2013, 10:21 PM
The one bowl recipe on the Baker's unsweetened chocolate package. Substitute choc chips for the walnuts. Frost with choc fudge frosting, or dark choc frosting (usually the stuff from the can). Can't tell you how many people have asked me for the recipe.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typing errors I've made, and auto correct 'fixes' I missed.

twowhat?
07-14-2013, 10:37 PM
I love this one because the ingredients are so simple and easy to always have on hand:)

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/ultimate-fudgy-brownies.aspx

StantonHyde
07-14-2013, 11:30 PM

These are my go to brownies and they are awesome!!

BunnyBee
07-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Old Fashioned Brownies from the Cake Mix Doctor Returns.
http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2012/09/my-favorite-brownies/

I use the Costco Ghirardelli mix and cut the recipe in half. Buttermilk isn't essential, but I usually have dry buttermilk powder in the fridge. Throw that in with the dry ingredients and use water or plain milk. Add a pinch of salt to the frosting too.

crayonblue
07-14-2013, 11:42 PM
This thread is killing me. Darn diet.

In the past, I've used Ghiradelli mixes and we always love them. But, the BEST brownies I ever had were from the recipe on the inside of a large bar of Ghiradelli chocolate. Like 100x better than the mix.

My mom always made butterscotch, chocolate chip, marshmallow brownies when we were kids. Yum.