PDA

View Full Version : TMI Alert Quick pointers please? Seems like DD may be constipated.

dcmom2b3
07-14-2013, 12:48 AM
no colace in the house. This has never happened before. She's been up and down for the past two hours with a "tummy ache." One dark medium-hard looking BM. Passing urine ok. Won't let me rub her tummy. Pain centred below her navel. No fever. Have been giving fluids (water) and sitting watch. Am worried about appendecitis. She went into a yoga "pose of the child" position a few minutes ago then went to the bathroom. Nothing happened on the toilet. Is now back in bed. Seems like she's well on her way to sleep. Though still restless.

So in the time that it's taken me to manage her and type this in real time the situation has (fingers crossed) resolved itself. Thanks for bearing witness to a mommy freak-out moment. :)

MelissaTC
07-14-2013, 01:18 AM
DS was just like this a week or so ago. X-ray showed that he was backed up and had gas trapped in his tummy. I was told it probably wasn't appendicitis due to his pain being in the groin area. It was explained to me that it is the area where the feces is held in the colon before release. I was told to massage his belly, starting on the lower right, move up and then down and around to help movement. He used a heating pad on his tummy for comfort. Lastly, he drank 1/2 a bottle of magnesium citrate one night and then the other half the next night. I bought the lemon flavor and mixed it in lemonade. He went a few hours later. We then put him back on Miralax.

Hth! DS really struggles with constipation and stomach issues so I know how you feel.

TwinFoxes
07-14-2013, 01:22 AM
If you're worried about appendicitis try the jumping test. If she can jump without pain, it's probably not appendicitis. Learned from my pediatrician. Hugs, mama!

dcmom2b3
07-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Well she just upchuked her dinner. So I guess it's the other end. Ha! 2:30 am fun!

StantonHyde
07-14-2013, 03:30 PM
oh gads--sounds like you had a long night. Hope she is resting ok today.