PDA

View Full Version : Which Rock 'n Play?

gymnbomb
07-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Which would you recommend for newborn to sleep in before moving to crib?

daniele_ut
07-14-2013, 01:13 PM
We had the standard Fisher Price Rock N Play and it was great for us. If I were buying again I would probably get the one that cones with a head pillow.

Snow mom
07-14-2013, 02:36 PM
We have the regular which DS sleeps in. I would get that or the deluxe depending on preference and budget. I don't think the padding makes any difference to the infant. The bassinet is newer and I had to google to see what it looks like. It's flat which I feel is redundant with other sleeping surface options so I wouldn't get the rnp bassinet. The incline is what most people like about the rnp.

kaharris83
07-14-2013, 02:58 PM
We had the RnP deluxe model. I'd get this one if I were in the market again today. It does't have the plastic underneath it like the RnP. http://www.amazon.com/Bright-Starts-Sleeper-Playtime-Bedtime/dp/B00C78G2BE

TwoBees
07-14-2013, 05:01 PM
We had the regular rock-n-play; it was the only one available at the time. If there is ANY chance your DC has/will have reflux, do not the get bassinet. The bassinet (from the description) lies flat, and the 45-degree angle of the other rock-n-plays are invaluable for reflux relief and sleep. DD slept in hers for a LONG time.

gymnbomb
07-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the input -- I'll cross the bassinet off the list!

flashy09
07-14-2013, 07:20 PM
I got the Deluxe version because of the flat head concerns on the regular, harder one. It was great. It wasn't too plush to be a SIDS concern and stayed clear of her nose when she turned her head, but still nice and soft.

My DD slept in hers from 5 week until 6 or 7 months. It's awesome and fit in our suitcase when we travelled.

gymnbomb
07-31-2013, 08:20 AM
Just checking back in to say thanks again for the suggestions. I had thought I would get the deluxe (for the reason flashy mentioned), but was at Target yesterday and couldn't pass up a regular one on clearance for $30! We'll have my Mom and/or MIL in town both immediately after birth and during the short time I have to return to work before summer break, so with baby not in daycare until at least ~6 months I think it won't be left laying around enough to get really bad flat head?

Melaine
07-31-2013, 09:20 AM
$30 is a great price. We loved ours....this it was the deluxe but not sure.