PDA

View Full Version : Mold on Indie fabric - and help removing cover!

flashy09
07-15-2013, 08:16 AM
32563256The stroller has been left in the rain a few times by accident and there are some mold spots on the fabric. Will it come off if I machine wash the fabric? I am terrifed to take off the cover and have to figure out how to put it back on, but don't think I can spot clean mold spots.

If the spots don't come off after a machine wash, is the cover safe to use?

EDITED: So I just tried to remove the cover and am stuck. The backrest adjuster is one solid piece of nylon with a loop at the end....do I have to take apart the handle? Added a picture if that helps.

ebp913
07-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Okay so on that recline strap, see that space on the silver buckle (not the right word but can't think of anything better) in the middle? You can see it in your photo.... you thread the recline strap through there and unhook it. I just did this recently so I can definitely help! Let me know if you have any other issues.

flashy09
07-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Okay so on that recline strap, see that space on the silver buckle (not the right word but can't think of anything better) in the middle? You can see it in your photo.... you thread the recline strap through there and unhook it. I just did this recently so I can definitely help! Let me know if you have any other issues.

Thank you! I did it!

crl
07-15-2013, 03:54 PM
I had better luck cleaning my Indie fabric if I scrubbed it with a brush and the blue Dawn dish soap before throwing it in the washing machine. Be warned that it does take the fabric a while to dry, like overnight. I always had to be careful to wash when I wasn't using the stroller for the rest of the day.

Catherine

flashy09
07-15-2013, 05:24 PM
I had better luck cleaning my Indie fabric if I scrubbed it with a brush and the blue Dawn dish soap before throwing it in the washing machine. Be warned that it does take the fabric a while to dry, like overnight. I always had to be careful to wash when I wasn't using the stroller for the rest of the day.

Catherine

I will try that. The mold spots didn't come off with just washing. How much does that matter? Are there still harmful spores?

crl
07-16-2013, 12:44 AM
I would guess its just a stain now as opposed to active mold. But I'm not sure. If you have sunshine, you could put the fabric in the sun to dry. Sunlight kills a lot of stuff.

Catherine

mandapear
07-17-2013, 02:12 PM
White vinegar does a good job at killing mold spores if you're nervous.