PDA

View Full Version : Versa Fold/ unfold awkward

abemom
07-15-2013, 09:50 AM
The front wheels are getting stuck on the frame when closed. To unfold, I have to pull very hard with 2 hands, and my foot needs to hold it in place even when locked :thumbsdown:. The seat is in reverse mode. It's also quite awkward to close - it needs real force to pull the strap up, nothing like the City Mini, and my husband was not impressed. The wheels get in the way every time. This is when putting the stroller on the ground. It won't open when in the air, it just knocks my foot then.

The DOM is 11/25/2012, so after the recall. Although on the box there was an additional sticker to the 11/2012 with 5/2012.

Is this a defect? Should I contact BJ for an exchange?

TIA for any advice! Much appreciated!

PZMommy
07-15-2013, 10:30 AM
You could try calling BJ. Yours is well after the recall so it shouldn't be a problem. My recalled one was difficult to open, but it had nothing to do with the wheels. The levers on the closing mechanism was getting stuck on the seat.

kaharris83
07-15-2013, 10:37 AM
As far as the strap being difficult, get down and look at the path the strap is designed to follow when pulled. It isn't a straight up pull like the City Mini, there is an angle to it. I had a problem until DH pointed out I wasn't following the design. Once I adjusted the pull was easier and I've never had a problem since. My stroller DOM is 9/2012 and the box had a second sticker too with an earlier date but the laser etched date on the stroller is post recall. I called BJ and they described the changes to me so I could verify mine was post recall. I know vendors had to send back recalled models so maybe BJ reused boxes.