PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me price these garage sale items?

MSWR0319
07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
My friend is having a garage sale, so I'm going to drop off a few things that I can get around real quick. I have no idea what to price these items. If they don't sell at the garage sale, I can also post them on the local baby item facebook page. I just really don't want to have to deal with meeting people. Here's what I have:

-Chicco Travel System with a year left on the car seat
- Britax Blvd with a year left on it
- Brand New Imaginarium Walker http://www.toysrus.com/buy/birthday-center-baby-s-first-birthday/12-24-months/imaginarium-play-away-activity-walker-5f5f838-13144133
- Medela Freestyle Breast Pump
- Restoration Hardware Crib Bedding (only the bedskirt was used)
- Cocalo Crib Bedding (bedskirt was used and the quilt was on the rocker)
- Pediped Sandals brand new in box
- Stride Rite tennis shoes that were worn, but are in great condition ($4??)

Any tips would be great. I wouldn't buy a car seat or breast pump from a garage sale, but I know people around here flock to that stuff.

american_mama
07-16-2013, 07:30 AM
I often take a look at craigslist to see what similar used items are selling for, although I'd except garage sale items to be cheaper than craigslist. It's hard to know without seeing the items, but I'd say:

Chicco Travel System with a year left on the car seat.... $30, maybe $40 on craigslist
- Britax Blvd with a year left on it... $30-40. Since it's a good brand, I'd list it on craigslist and ask for $40. I'd also print out a description and current price from an internet store, then tape it to the item, to show the value.
- Brand New Imaginarium Walker http://www.toysrus.com/buy/birthday-...5f838-13144133
Maybe $20. I'd also list on craigslist.
- Medela Freestyle Breast Pump
Don't know this pump. $30 if electric, $10 if manual. If it's electric, I'd list it on craigslist because of the brand. I don't think this will sell at a garage sale unless it's like $10, or at least not without a lot of salesmanship. Do the printout and current price thing for it too, and approach everyone who looks at it. Medela pumps do sell at the consignment sale I go to, but there are always a lot available and have to be priced well. Also, it helps that many of the workers there encourage wavering customers to buy it, pointing out the quality and savings.
- Restoration Hardware Crib Bedding (only the bedskirt was used). $15-20
- Cocalo Crib Bedding (bedskirt was used and the quilt was on the rocker) $15-20. I sold a crib set at a consignment sale and noticed people really waited until the discount days to buy crib sets.
- Pediped Sandals brand new in box. $10-15. However, not everyone at a garage sale will know the brand. I'd put those on ebay since they are never worn and a good brand, plus easy to ship.
- Stride Rite tennis shoes that were worn, but are in great condition ($4??). I'd want to list at $6 but they probably are far more likely to sell at $4. Used shoes traditionally sell poorly everywhere.

A1icia
07-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Just an idea for reselling - are there an consignment sales in your area?

I find that at garage sales people want really low prices and always want to haggle. Consignment sales are great. You price and tag your items through their online system and then just drop them off. No dealing with buyers. You only get 60%-70% but things tend to sell at a better price and you are reachin a much larger audience. Tagging can get to be a pain when you have a lot to sell - particularly clothing but with what you have it would be a breeze.