PDA

View Full Version : Origami Owl jewelry quality?

waitingforgrace
07-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Anybody have any origami owl jewelry? Is the quality good? TIA

mom2binsd
07-15-2013, 07:22 PM
I can't attest to the longevity, but I got a living locket for DS's teacher was retiring. She LOVED IT!!! I heard she has been wearing it nonstop. WE inserted her intials, an apple, golf clubs, Just Married car-she just got remarried at age 67! and an anchor...the hang tag of class of 2013 to represent her last year teaching. I glued all the charms with micro glue dots, my consultant gave me that hint. I think it was so unique.

hellokitty
07-15-2013, 07:56 PM
My friend had an origami owl party and while the charms are nice, she was very annoyed with their processing/CS. The orders took much longer than originally quoted to get the orders in, and many of the orders were mother's day gifts and some of the orders came in the wrong boxes (they mixed up orders from the same party). I have seen knock offs of origami owl and have been tempted to try those out. The consultant that I know is a biatch, so I didn't want to give her any business.

waitingforgrace
07-15-2013, 11:24 PM
I can't attest to the longevity, but I got a living locket for DS's teacher was retiring. She LOVED IT!!! I heard she has been wearing it nonstop. WE inserted her intials, an apple, golf clubs, Just Married car-she just got remarried at age 67! and an anchor...the hang tag of class of 2013 to represent her last year teaching. I glued all the charms with micro glue dots, my consultant gave me that hint. I think it was so unique.

If you don't mind me asking was the locket you had made very expensive? I think they're really cute but don't want to go to a party and have my jaw hit the floor with the price.

ETA, never mind I just figured it out on their website. Not sure how I missed that before.

waitingforgrace
07-15-2013, 11:25 PM
My friend had an origami owl party and while the charms are nice, she was very annoyed with their processing/CS. The orders took much longer than originally quoted to get the orders in, and many of the orders were mother's day gifts and some of the orders came in the wrong boxes (they mixed up orders from the same party). I have seen knock offs of origami owl and have been tempted to try those out. The consultant that I know is a biatch, so I didn't want to give her any business.

Good to know thanks. The last part made me LOL :)

mom2binsd
07-15-2013, 11:35 PM
The locket was a large silver one, with all 6 charms inside and the two dangles, it was 75.00 total, shipping and tax included, it was right before Mother's Day and they were out of chains so I got one here (the chains were only 10.00).

HonoluluMom
07-16-2013, 01:20 PM
I have an Origami Owl locket and it tarnished very quickly. I do live in a humid climate if that matters. If I recall correctly, the tarnish is on the inside of the locket and I'm guessing there must be a way to open it to clean it. I just haven't taken the time to figure it out.