PDA

View Full Version : Anti-bitch: DS is NOT shy!!!!

Melaine
07-15-2013, 08:17 PM
I've been meaning to post this for awhile, because I know you guys have heard a lot about the girls, how shy and sensitive they are and what a challenge it has been. Not being able to leave them with anyone, having them cry when strangers approached us, sitting through classes with them because I can't leave them, etc. etc.

I am very thrilled to report that DS is the opposite of this! He is pretty outgoing, will wave at, smile to and high-five strangers. We have gotten many comments about how friendly he is, which is hard for me to believe. At restaurants he will get distracted from his meal by waving repeatedly at folks sitting at surrounding tables. Today he had some strangers clapping repeatedly for him because he basically waved at them and clapped until they saw him and clapped back.

My in laws live on the other side of the world and we rarely see them. They came a few weeks ago and my FIL, who is a tall, big man with a beard came up to us and DS went right to him! I cannot describe how happy this made me! I admit, it's not just because I think it's an easier way to get through life, but I also somehow always thought that people judged me by how the girls behaved. I wondered if they thought my being anxious and careful (I am) made them anxious and shy. I always just thought it was temperament and regardless it is not our problem with DS. :yay:

ETA: This week we saw the chick-fil-a cow, a clown and someone dressed as Curious George. DS reached out to touch CG with interest, tried to high-five the cow and didn't seem scared at all of any of them. On the other hand, we didn't eat at Chick-fil-a for a couple of years because DDs were so terrified of that cow. So terrified we had to pull out of the drive through line once.

Momit
07-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah! Sounds like he is quite a social butterfly.

crl
07-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Yay! I have had this experience too with older ds being very anxious and not social and younger dd has been a revelation of happily approaching Disney characters, charming strangers and playing with random kids at the park.

Catherine

daisymommy
07-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the world of boys! They are very different creatures, and will continue to keep you amazed and on your toes :)

Sent from my iPad

DietCokeLover
07-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Yea for you!!!

twowhat?
07-15-2013, 10:20 PM
That's awesome! I sympathize with you on shy kids. It's just a whole different set of challenges and it really sucks sometimes, especially since society in general favors outgoing people.

WatchingThemGrow
07-16-2013, 07:05 AM
I just wonder what the girls are thinking when they see his success interacting with others! Have they said anything yet?