PDA

View Full Version : Are these mosquitoes bite???

happymomma
07-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Last night right before bed, DS complained about his back itching. I thought that it was his hives but then quickly realize that it wasn't a full body itch. He has all these spots all over his back and it looks like mosquito bites. But it is so weird that it is all over his back, some in his chest and a couple of his leg. They are welts and it itches a lot. I am hoping the wise BBB moms will confirm that it is just mosquito bites.

BunnyBee
07-15-2013, 09:13 PM
They look like mosquito bites to me. Was he outside shirtless? It is kind of odd to have that many on his back otherwise. I will get one just inside my shirt sleeve edge or capri pant hem, but not a bunch under clothing, and I get eaten alive by them.

happymomma
07-15-2013, 09:36 PM
I thought it was odd too. The only thing I could think of is that during the afternoon he was shirtless at a friend's house. They have a pool in their yard and it's very shaded. So that was my thought but he left the friend's house by around 2pm. He didn't complain about the itches and I didn't see that marks till 9pm that night.

Philly Mom
07-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Perhaps a mosquito got caught under his shirt and voila. Has happened to me. It is like the mosquito gets caught.

happymomma
07-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Oooh I never thought of that. That is awful. We went to his cousin's house that night and he mentioned that there were a lot of mosquitoes there. But he had a shirt on at that time. That mosquito had a feeding feast on him. I just wish that it would get better soon. Thanks for the idea. I never even thought of that.