PDA

View Full Version : When out on a date with SO do you share your dessert?

katydid1971
07-16-2013, 02:17 AM
When out on a date with SO (no kids) do you share your dessert?

Tondi G
07-16-2013, 02:20 AM
It depends on the dessert. If we go and get ice cream ... we usually get our own scoops. If we get a slice of cake or Tiramisu or crème brulee, we usually end up sharing. Our dessert usually follows a meal and we are often too full to even order dessert.... thus the reason we often share if we do order something.

wellyes
07-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Do you mean split one dessert, or each take a bite of the other person's?
We do both :)

Nooknookmom
07-16-2013, 03:03 AM
You go out without kids? DH and I will rarely share. We like different types of dessert. I like lemon meringue pie or cherry pie and he's a chocolate lover. Some are too rich for me.

specialp
07-16-2013, 06:14 AM
Always share as portions are usually too big for one of us when already full from dinner.

vludmilla
07-16-2013, 08:59 AM
We rarely purchase dessert when we go out to dinner but we would happily share whatever we order, including our drinks.

crl
07-16-2013, 09:22 AM
We most often share one dessert, but sometimes we want different things or only one f us wants dessert

Catherine

boolady
07-16-2013, 09:24 AM
We most often share one dessert, but sometimes we want different things or only one f us wants dessert

Catherine

:yeahthat: DH and I are not big sweets people, but on the rare occasions we get dessert, we usually share. If we couldn't reach a consensus, we'd get our own, but we are usually too full for an entire dessert.

lizzywednesday
07-16-2013, 09:26 AM
It depends.

Sometimes, we'll get 1 dessert and share it. Sometimes we'll get 2 desserts. And still other times, I'll get dessert but he won't ... or he'll ask for "a bite."

elliput
07-16-2013, 09:37 AM
It depends on the desert as to whether or not we split, get two, or what have you. This is due to DH being gluten intolerant.

lyt202
07-16-2013, 10:02 AM
DH has more of a sweet tooth than I do so he will almost always order a dessert. I usually only have a bite or two because I'm pretty full by the time we get to dessert. We never order two desserts.

ladysoapmaker
07-16-2013, 10:18 AM
I voted other, as sometimes we shared and other times I want my own. (Like the Warehouse Tiramsu from Spaghetti Warehouse)

Jennifer

BabbyO
07-16-2013, 10:26 AM

Us too!

You go out without kids? DH and I will rarely share. We like different types of dessert. I like lemon meringue pie or cherry pie and he's a chocolate lover. Some are too rich for me.

This is why we sometimes get our own, and sometimes share. I'm a chocoholic and DH prefers things like key lime pie

Corie
07-16-2013, 11:20 AM
If I get a dessert, I get my own dessert and do NOT share with anyone.

Ceepa
07-16-2013, 12:04 PM
If I get a dessert, I get my own dessert and do NOT share with anyone.

:yeahthat: Besides, DH and I usually go for different items.

lkoala
07-16-2013, 12:20 PM
You go out without kids?

:yeahthat:

DH and I have totally different tastes in dessert. I love tiramisu, key lime pie, fruit tarts, chilli chocolate. He loves banana cream pie, coconut cream pie, etc... so we don't end up sharing unless we get a chocolate cake or something.

twowhat?
07-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Heck no!!!! I need my own dessert. Want my own dessert. And will eat ALL of my own dessert and will slap away the hands of anyone who tries to sample it.

klwa
07-16-2013, 12:28 PM
It really depends. A lot of the time, we don't get dessert. When we do, if it's fairly large, we'll share it. However, if it's individual sized (Applebees shooter sized), we each get our own. Or with ice cream, we always get our own because he's boring and will only eat chocolate. :)

Pennylane
07-16-2013, 01:26 PM
I voted that we don't get dessert, because we seldom do. If we did though , we usually share unless it is peach cobbler and then I will eat it all :)

Ann

stinkyfeet
07-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Yep, we share a dessert.

crayonblue
07-16-2013, 01:52 PM
I voted 1 dessert, 2 spoons but should have voted other. If we get dessert, we do share but I ask for an extra plate and divide it. I CANNOT stand the way DH eats his dessert. He eats the whole thing in like three bites. I like to savor tiny bites. If we share on one plate, he eats more than his share because he eats it up so fast and meanwhile I am sitting there mad as a hornet that he is eating my half so then I eat faster to get more. Oh yes, we are so mature, LOL!!!!!

edurnemk
07-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Sometimes we share. DH is not much of a dessert person, so he'll usually tell me to order and just share some with him. Although on occasion he does order one for himself. If servings are huge we always share.

theriviera
07-16-2013, 02:46 PM
We rarely order dessert, but if we do, it's one plate, 2 spoons. We often go to a frozen yogurt place after dinner and then we definitely do not share :bouncy:

mackmama
07-16-2013, 02:50 PM
a date? i don't know that word. :)

i do like to order my own dessert in general though...

TxCat
07-16-2013, 04:11 PM
DH doesn't really eat dessert, so usually I order, and if it is something he thinks he likes, he'll take a bite of it, or eat a bite of the whipped cream or berries that might come with it. That's about it.

StantonHyde
07-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Sometimes--depends on how hungry we are and how big it is. But I am NOT a food sharer. Paws off my desert!

MamaSnoo
07-16-2013, 10:33 PM
We usually do not order dessert, but when we do, we typically share. I love a dinner date with a shared dessert! We should go more often!

lalasmama
07-16-2013, 10:48 PM
We buy 2 desserts and share them both usually.

DietCokeLover
07-16-2013, 11:59 PM
What is this date with a SO that you refer to? I can't remember the last time we had one of those!

codex57
07-17-2013, 01:30 AM
If we do get dessert (fairly rare occasion), then we share. But we share everything. We'll order two entrees but share the two entrees.

kijip
07-17-2013, 02:58 AM
Invariably what happens is something like this:

He says he's too full for dessert and doesn't order one.
I order a dessert because we don't eat out often and it's a nice rare indulgence.
Dude eats half (or MORE) of my dessert.

Soooo, now I make it clear I only share if he has something to share with me. Want some of my dessert? Order your own and we'll talk.

Exception being those places where the desserts are so big and rich that one needs to be a glutton or a masochist to finish it singlehandedly. Then we split it.

maestramommy
07-17-2013, 09:39 AM
It depends on the size of the dessert. Some places have really large desserts, which we share. If we know they are going to be small and we want to try different kinds, we'll get two and share.

Twoboos
07-17-2013, 09:44 AM

:yeahthat:

I love dessert. :D

hellokitty
07-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Always share as portions are usually too big for one of us when already full from dinner.

This is what we do too. IF we even get a dessert.