PDA

View Full Version : When the web site doesn't reflect stock .... LEARNING EXPRESS I'm talking to you

Mermanaid
07-16-2013, 11:00 AM
DD got one of those Rainbow Loom toys and it was a huge hit. She went through the 600 rubber bands/24 c clips that came in the starter kit within 48 hours. I went to the Learning Express store a week ago Monday and they said they were out of replacements and should get more in that week. On Sunday, we drove back over to the store and again ... out because they still haven't received the shipment, no idea when it would arrive.

So, I thought I would just order them online from LE. Their site showed they were in stock ... and last night around 10p I got an email that said the bands were ready for pickup. This morning I get another email that says .... Sorry - the loom bands you requested are currently out of stock. We will contact you when we receive the new supply into the store. The bands are in high demand and the supplier has not been able to commit to a delivery date.

If they are out of stock .... WHY ARE THEY STILL SHOWING UP AS IN STOCK ON THE WEB SITE??? I've never shopped Learning Express before so I guess I wasn't aware that this is how their site works. LE is the only store they are sold out and the amazon pricing is ridiculous.

I know this is petty ... but my child has been patiently waiting on these stupid rubber bands for over a week now and this crazy store cannot give me any indication on when they will arrive. UGH.

Mermanaid
07-16-2013, 11:07 AM
I emailed them and asked why the site did not reflect the inventory and this is the answer I got ...

Sorry for the confusion. The website quantities are now correct. No bands are being displayed as "available." There is a nightly processing cycle that runs at the end of the day that then updates inventory quantities. There must have been sales during the day that then became correctly reflected ......

Makes me even more angry because I can infer that they actually had some in stock at some point yesterday? I've been over there 2x this last week trying to get these bands. I even put myself on a list to be called when they arrive.

crl
07-16-2013, 11:39 AM
So frustrating!

Catherine

anonomom
07-16-2013, 01:12 PM
How annoying. Those rainbow looms seem to be a hot item.

I know this is a BP, but if you can stand a suggestion, Wal-Mart sells rubber hair bands that look very similar to DD's rainbow loom bands (though a little thinner). They're in the little hair accessory section with the girl's clothes, come in a little tiny tackle box and cost $2.50 for 500 bands. We haven't tried it, but I've long suspected they could work in a pinch.

AshleyAnn
07-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Are these rubber bands different than the ones people use in little girl hair? Kmart has nice packages of hair bands for little girls separated by color in nice bright colors

Mermanaid
07-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Those hair bands would probably work. But I also need the c clips that are used to connect the ends of the bracelets together. Great idea though and I really appreciate the thought.

I just checked on amazon and the c clips are $6.99 plus shipping for 24. A bit pricey.

ETA: replacement bands are $3.99 for 600 and come with the c clips.

baileygirl
07-17-2013, 01:21 AM
That is too bad, I hate when things like that happen. I know this is a BP, so please ignore if this is unwanted info. I had no idea what this was, so I looked it up and noticed that on the product's webpage they have refills. The multi color pack is out of stock, but they have lots of individual colors. I believe it was $3.99 for a color and shipping wasn't crazy (I think it was $2 for 2 bags to be sent to me).

Chitowngirl
07-18-2013, 09:35 AM
This place seems to have them. I ordered the rainbow loom from them before. It came quickly and the price was reasonable. I also googled abs found a coupon code for extra money off.

http://www.coolzips.com/twistzbandz.aspx