PDA

View Full Version : Reading chair for toddler....?

Mopey
07-16-2013, 01:20 PM
I have heard of the PB anywhere chair but it seems kind of large for a 16 month old.......would love something similar and smaller if it exists?

Any and all BTDT and recommendations would be SO appreciated. Miss Mopey won't stop climbing into the dangerous chair and I think she would go nuts for a place of her own to "read" her books :D

Thanks!

HonoluluMom
07-16-2013, 01:26 PM
DD has the P'Kolino Little Reader Chair. She got it when she was around 1. When she got a bit older, the chair was small enough that she could move it around herself.

http://www.amazon.com/PKolino-Little-Reader-Chair-Green/dp/B0018M0V6C

Tenasparkl
07-16-2013, 01:28 PM
DD has the P'Kolino Little Reader Chair. She got it when she was around 1. When she got a bit older, the chair was small enough that she could move it around herself.

http://www.amazon.com/PKolino-Little-Reader-Chair-Green/dp/B0018M0V6C

Yes! This chair is great. I got one for my DD around that age and she loved it (still does!)

BabyBearsMom
07-16-2013, 01:34 PM
We have the Anywhere chair and both DDs sit in it all the time. It is big but they often snuggle up in it together, but both can sit in it comfortably by themselves. I wouldn't want to buy a small chair that they will grow out of really fast, I'd rather get a lot of use out of something. We got it for DD1 when she was about 18 months old.

Mopey
07-16-2013, 03:36 PM
We have the Anywhere chair and both DDs sit in it all the time. It is big but they often snuggle up in it together, but both can sit in it comfortably by themselves. I wouldn't want to buy a small chair that they will grow out of really fast, I'd rather get a lot of use out of something. We got it for DD1 when she was about 18 months old.

That's definitely a good point.....Plus I can do aqua and a white initial so if we have a boy sometime he won't mind using the same chair :) I like the P'kolino too but it's not that much smaller so not sure I should end up getting both.....

Mopey
07-16-2013, 03:56 PM
On average how long do the kids use these Anywhere chairs? Until five or six or not so long? Longer? Thanks!

BabyBearsMom
07-16-2013, 04:26 PM
DD1 is a very big 3 (99th percentile in height) and has plenty of room. My 6yo nephew sits in it comfortably as well. Personally, I would not monogram it. You can sell one on my CL for about half new if you don't monogram and go with a gender neutral color.

edurnemk
07-16-2013, 04:34 PM
PBK's My first anywhere chair is smaller. However we chose the regular anywhere chair because it lasts a LOT longer. DS is 5.5 and still sits comfortably in his, but it's not too big for a 1-2 yo, either. It also holds up to a LOT of abuse, DS has jumped on it, thrown it, put it upside down and climbed on it every day for the last 4 years and it looks like new.

sariana
07-16-2013, 04:51 PM
By accident DS has the My First Anywhere Chair. He is 9 (just) and still can sit in it. What's nice about the Anywhere Chair is that the cover is separate. So if she does outgrow it, you maybe could sell the insert even if you personlize the cover.

Our history with the Anywhere Chair/My First Anywhere Chair is a bit convoluted, but we ended up with a regular one briefly. There was NO WAY that thing would fit in our house. But we have been very happy with the chairs we do have, even though I thought DS's was a regular, but it's really a My First, so I initially ordered the regular for DD, only to find out that DS's is a My First, and then had to return the regular and order a My First for DD. Whew.

DD is 5 1/2 and still has plenty of room in her My First Anywhere Chair. DS really is too big for his, though he does still use it, but he also is big enough for a regular chair now. Or he can just sit on the couch.

Mopey
07-16-2013, 04:58 PM
It's definitely going to take a chunk of space no matter where it goes in our teeny apt. so I'm not thrilled at the regular's size, but of course, being a BBB'er I would rather get the simple navy to use for ages and try to resell.....

Thanks for all the input. Will discuss with the hubby tonight!

ahisma
07-16-2013, 10:42 PM
In case you want to throw another one into the mix - we have a Toddlerock, but we never put the rockers on. We got a brown chenille and it looks like new 6 years later. It's used heavily still by DS1 (6 1/2) and DS2 (nearly 5). It's small but seems to fit them well still, surprisingly.

emily
07-17-2013, 09:00 AM
We got DD's her regular size Anywhere chair when she turned one. She's 5 now and she still uses it.

mmommy
07-17-2013, 10:20 AM
We have very little space, and no need for more actual chairs. So I bought 2 boon stuffed animal bags (http://www.amazon.com/baby/dp/B004OR1DY2), stuffed one with animals and the other with our extra blankets, bought a few throw pillows at Ikea, and made a little reading nook in the kids room. It's been great! Both DD1 (4) and DD2 (1) read there, and we can all sit there for stories at night.

Mopey
07-17-2013, 11:17 AM
We ordered the Miss an Anywhere chair last night with my nearly-expiring coupon - plain navy blue but I did do a fun little thing...... Instead of a monogram or icon I am having them embroider the sentence "Read." in red :D Total collaboration between the hubby and me. Love it. And Mopey's going to love it!! :cheerleader1:

Thanks everyone!!

123LuckyMom
07-17-2013, 11:57 AM
That's great! You'll love that chair! Both my 15 month old and 4.5 year old use and love theirs. My DH can make them both roll on the floor with laughter by sitting in it himself!

edurnemk
07-17-2013, 01:20 PM
We ordered the Miss an Anywhere chair last night with my nearly-expiring coupon - plain navy blue but I did do a fun little thing...... Instead of a monogram or icon I am having them embroider the sentence "Read." in red :D Total collaboration between the hubby and me. Love it. And Mopey's going to love it!! :cheerleader1:

Thanks everyone!!

I love this! Great idea.

AngB
07-17-2013, 01:49 PM
DD1 is a very big 3 (99th percentile in height) and has plenty of room. My 6yo nephew sits in it comfortably as well. Personally, I would not monogram it. You can sell one on my CL for about half new if you don't monogram and go with a gender neutral color.

DH likes sitting in DS's anywhere chair to play video games, DS1 loves it too. (Sitting in it right now.)

AngB
07-17-2013, 01:51 PM
We have very little space, and no need for more actual chairs. So I bought 2 boon stuffed animal bags (http://www.amazon.com/baby/dp/B004OR1DY2), stuffed one with animals and the other with our extra blankets, bought a few throw pillows at Ikea, and made a little reading nook in the kids room. It's been great! Both DD1 (4) and DD2 (1) read there, and we can all sit there for stories at night.

Love this idea!