PDA

View Full Version : 3 hour Glucose Testing Instructions - help needed

marymoo86
07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Last Friday was a complete cluster**** at my OB appt that included the 1 hr test. Short story is I had to leave by 930 to make a 945 chiro appt for my sciatica. I was barely able to walk at this point and was not missing that for anything. I ended up having to leave before seeing the OB (1.5 hours!). The nurse checked the heartrate and said it was fine to leave.

She followed up on Monday as I missed the 1 hr test by 7 points :( She said I could a fasting glucose at my next appt so I was fine with that. Now the OB personally called and I couldn't get out of the 3 hours. Except I have no idea what the instructions are! I am assuming no food after midnight? Anyone provide insight on this.

I am not a happy camper.

sarahsthreads
07-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Mine was no food after 11 I think? But I had to make an appointment to go in to the lab, and my appointment was at 9. (Had to get DD1 on the bus, and then drive there.) So, 10 hours of fasting?

Also, I was allowed to drink water, but you may need to check whether that's the case with your lab/doctor.

I'm sorry you have to take the 3 hour test, it's not a lot of fun. :(

Sarah

Nemesia
07-16-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry you have to do the 3 hour... I did too. I thought the three hour would be much worse than it was. I had to fast for 9 hours prior to my test, which was done at the lab at 7:30am. I was told I could drink water, but only sips here and there. I still think it is crazy to have pregnant women go through this... fasting and not able to drink a lot of water... ugh. Best of luck to you!