PDA

View Full Version : Gifts for 7 year old boys

ahisma
07-16-2013, 04:22 PM
We have an onslaught of 7 year old boy birthdays coming up. What gifts are hits with the age?

jenstring95
07-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Legos! They are almost always a hit with that age group. DS, who is 7, also likes games, books, crafts, etc - the usual kid stuff. :)

hillview
07-18-2013, 09:19 AM
monopoly is a big hit. legos

almostamom
07-18-2013, 11:20 AM
We generally give Legos, but we usually know the child well and know which series they like (one friend only does Ninjago, and does City, etc.) Honestly, I started doing gift cards for kids we don't know as well (school friends who we haven't had playdates with).

connor_mommy
07-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Amazon gift cards are a big hit.

mytwosons
07-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Legos with gift receipt so they can exchange if they already have that set.

ahisma
07-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks everyone! I hesitate with Legos because I think most of these kids have all of the sets already. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I wound up getting some geode cracking kits that were well reviewed. Hopefully they like them!

Jen841
07-18-2013, 06:54 PM
We are buying the Lego books from B&N. There is the generic idea books, as well as Star Wars, Batman and Superheros. My son loves going through them. We are members of the club so I order them as the invitations arrive and get free shipping.

For the 8-10 year olds we are buying 2 quart water jugs all the kids are using for their sport practices and trips for the pool. No more empty/lost water bottles to deal with :)

The ideas we have now exhausted( fell like I have given hundreds of the items below:
Glow in the Dark footballs and/of basketballs - they make soccer too
Balloon Rocket sets
Base sets
Stomp Rockets

For the 10-11 year olds my son is giving the Lupica books with gift receipt and B&N gift cards.

My kids take after me and love picking the perfect gift.

For girls around these ages I get Vera Bradley lunch boxes (love the outlet!)

Simon
07-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Ds1 doesn't like Legos so that would be a miss for him, although I know he's in the minority. He'd like a board game (Apples to Apples Jr., Catan Junior, Slamwhich are less common but very fun), Glow in the Dark anything, any kind of gadget (headlamp, fancy water bottle, walkie talkies, bike accessory, stop watch, etc). He would love something like the geode cracking set.

hellbennt
07-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Animalopoly
remote control anything
spy gear (I just researched a lot on Amazon & the 'laser trip wires' look fun)