PDA

View Full Version : Pre-owned phone anywhere?

calv
07-16-2013, 05:26 PM
My droid incredible 2 just died. It was in perfect condition and boom black screen. :(. I just don't want to loose my unlimited plan since I'm grandfathered in through verizon. Appreciate your help

jiggaman
07-16-2013, 05:47 PM
My droid incredible 2 just died. It was in perfect condition and boom black screen. :(. I just don't want to loose my unlimited plan since I'm grandfathered in through verizon. Appreciate your help

Most android users I know get used phones from swappa.com.

AnnieW625
07-16-2013, 08:19 PM
My sister bought a used LG Cosmos off of either the Amazon Marketplace or Ebay. I can't remember which one.

I am not exactly sure how it works, but my co worker was able to get a ghost line for his phone through the phone kiosk at Costco so he could keep his unlimited data. I believe he assigned the new phone he wanted to a new number then somehow got it transferred to the old line and his old phone to the new line so now he only pays $10 for unlimited data.

What about a new battery for your phone?

jerseygirl
07-17-2013, 10:56 PM
I've purchased phones off ebay. I only buy from reputable sellers with feedback 99 or 100%. Were you looking to replace the actual phone model or upgrade? You should be able to take the SIM card out and pop it into any Verizon smartphone that takes a SIM card. The cell service is run via the SIM, not the phone.