PDA

View Full Version : Need a new diaper bag

Pilotbaby
07-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for diaper bags? We currently have the Skip Hop Versa which we love (looks and use). However, our daughter is now 15 months and with all that we have to put in it, the zippers have both broken from the bag being overstuffed. We want to be able to fit extra diapers, wipes, one extra outfit, sippy cup, puffs, and a few other essentials without breaking the bag. I like something kind of simple/ classic looking like the Versa. Any suggestions for bags you love?

123LuckyMom
07-16-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm going to watch, because I have the Versa, too, and it's looking worn after 15 months. I'd like to replace it, but I was just planning to get another one.

megs4413
07-16-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm going to watch, because I have the Versa, too, and it's looking worn after 15 months. I'd like to replace it, but I was just planning to get another one.

I'm actually looking, too. I haven't carried one in years and the last time I did I was packing for two kids most of the time. This time it's just one baby, so needs are slightly different. I used to carry and LOVE a skip hop dash, but I don't know what to get this time. They are much higher priced than they were when I had one last time.

I need something with an inside zippered pocket for sure and I prefer shoulder/messenger style bags and not backpacks. I hope we get some good suggestions! there's so much out there this time compared to last time!

PZMommy
07-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Have you looked at the Skip Hop Grand Central? Lots of pockets and zippers. It is on the bigger side.

I like the JuJuBe BFF. It has pockets and lots of good organization. There is also the Better Be, which is more of a messenger bag. They are pricey, but are machine washable and hold up well.

candaceb
07-16-2013, 08:24 PM
For those of you interested in Skip Hops, I have seen them at TJMaxx lately - hanging on the end of a rack in the toy dept.
I had a Skip Hop Duo Deluxe first, and then got bored with it and got a Babymel Amanda because it was a good deal on myhabit. I love the Babymel.

kaharris83
07-16-2013, 09:13 PM
I love my Bumble Jana bag. It was designed by the founder of Babysteals. They just released the 2.0 version and it looks even better. It can be carried so many different ways, including backpack style. It has plenty of room for a change of clothes and preschool entertainment and all the things I need for DS2. It's only available through Babysteals. I get lots of compliments on it. And it's machine washable.

http://baby.steals.com/daily/deal/id/3003270/the-bumble-collection-jana-2

MamaMolly
07-16-2013, 09:42 PM
I bought a JuJuBe hobo style and LOVE it. I get compliments all the time on it, and it has so many handy pockets. And yes, my 'baby' is three but it is a GREAT bag. ;)

queenmama
07-16-2013, 09:51 PM
I like the Timi & Leslie bags. Babymel and Oioi make some cute ones, too.

Lara

squimp
07-17-2013, 01:38 AM
I love my Bumble Jana bag. It was designed by the founder of Babysteals. They just released the 2.0 version and it looks even better. It can be carried so many different ways, including backpack style. It has plenty of room for a change of clothes and preschool entertainment and all the things I need for DS2. It's only available through Babysteals. I get lots of compliments on it. And it's machine washable.

http://baby.steals.com/daily/deal/id/3003270/the-bumble-collection-jana-2

It looks like this "steal" is gone - will it come up again?

kaharris83
07-17-2013, 07:38 AM
It looks like this "steal" is gone - will it come up again?

I linked to the Archives where it is still available I think, my phone doesn't like the Babysteals websites. If you follow my link you should be able to click steal me next to whichever bag you'd like. If it says sold out next to one its not available, otherwise you should be able to order it.

psimpson3-5
07-17-2013, 08:54 AM
At first I bought the Skip Hop Dash. After 4 months of use, I got really annoyed with it. I felt like there isn't enough pockets inside. I was constantly taking everything out of the bag just to find 1 thing. For Christmas, I got the JuJuBe BFF. I am very happy with it. It has a ton of pockets so everything is well organized and easy to find. I also like that I can wear it as either a messenger bag or a backpack.

ang79
07-17-2013, 08:57 AM
I've been through my share of diaper bags :) Loved the Babymel Amanda when I had two in dipes. And Lexie Barnes Darling (discontinued but you can sometimes find them on Ebay). Then transitioned to a large tote bag (Vera Bradley Pleated Tote - also discontinued but available on Ebay). My girls are now 4 and 6 but I just picked up a JuJuBe BeHip for cheap on Ebay (Amazon has several colors on sale too) to use for when we travel and it held spare clothes, books/toys, snacks, and 2 funtainers easily, along with my wallet, phone, small cosmetic bag, and small first aid kit. Can wear it on the shoulder or crossbody and its very light weight and machine washable. Of all the diaper bags I've tried (lots!) the JuJuBe ones seem to hold up the best and stay nice looking the longest.

mom2khj
07-17-2013, 09:41 AM
I've tried lots of bags as well, from so many brands. My favorites, most recently, were the JuJuBe Be Hip and BeAll bags. Now that we're down to having very little to carry, I'm trying a Vera Bradley Mother's bag. It just came in last night and seems like it will be the perfect size for us.

Pilotbaby
07-17-2013, 10:08 AM
We bought a skip hop bento a few days ago and I didn't really realize how big the food compartment was at first. Don't think we will use that much so not sure its the right fit for us. Of course as soon as I said that, Hubby reminded me we need to pack a lunch for Baby for our flight tomorrow so maybe we will keep it. Just not sure its big enough and has enough pockets. Has anyone tried it? Looking up all these other suggestions now:)

Pilotbaby
07-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I like the Timi & Leslie bags. Babymel and Oioi make some cute ones, too.

Lara
I forgot about the Timi & Leslie bags. I looked at these last time. The ones on Amazon all have a video- do you happen to know which bag it is in the video? Can't seem to find it on there but it is so cute!

PZMommy
07-17-2013, 10:43 AM
We bought a skip hop bento a few days ago and I didn't really realize how big the food compartment was at first. Don't think we will use that much so not sure its the right fit for us. Of course as soon as I said that, Hubby reminded me we need to pack a lunch for Baby for our flight tomorrow so maybe we will keep it. Just not sure its big enough and has enough pockets. Has anyone tried it? Looking up all these other suggestions now:)

I sold my Bento bag. It constantly would tip over unless you have that bottom compartment full. I use to put a big thing of wipes in there to help weight it down. I would go with the Grand Central bag by skip hop over the Bento.

carolinacool
07-17-2013, 11:06 AM
I love the look of the Grand Central bag. I had the Skip Hop Studio, which I was pretty happy with. It might be the same size as the Versa, just with different styling. The Grand Central looks bigger.

Jacksmommy2b
07-17-2013, 11:24 AM
I adore jujube bags and live my PPB bag too! PPB has incredible customer service.

PZMommy
07-17-2013, 12:00 PM
I love the look of the Grand Central bag. I had the Skip Hop Studio, which I was pretty happy with. It might be the same size as the Versa, just with different styling. The Grand Central looks bigger.

The Grand Central is bigger than the Versa and has better organization. I really like it for long days or traveling. You can fit a ton of stuff in it!

squimp
07-17-2013, 12:34 PM
I linked to the Archives where it is still available I think, my phone doesn't like the Babysteals websites. If you follow my link you should be able to click steal me next to whichever bag you'd like. If it says sold out next to one its not available, otherwise you should be able to order it.

Thank you!! I just ordered it for my friend - it looks totally like her style and I love that it can be a backpack and stroller compatible. So pretty! What a great deal too.

kaharris83
07-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Thank you!! I just ordered it for my friend - it looks totally like her style and I love that it can be a backpack and stroller compatible. So pretty! What a great deal too.

I hated carrying a bag with DS1 and was glad when he got to the age I didn't need a bunch of stuff for him. When DS2 came along I ordered a Jana and figured I'd hate it too but I really love it. Hope your friend does too. :)

Pilotbaby
07-17-2013, 01:42 PM
I adore jujube bags and live my PPB bag too! PPB has incredible customer service.

What's PPB?

swissair81
07-17-2013, 01:45 PM
What's PPB?

Petunia Picklebottom

Tenasparkl
07-17-2013, 01:59 PM
I use a Ju-Ju-Be Mighty Be (basically just a super light weight tote with side pockets) with sugarSNAP files inside to organize everything.

I've had SO many diaper bags and this seems to be the best solution for me. My last bag before this was a cute marc by marc jacobs baby bag but it was like carrying luggage and the handles ripped. Way too much $$$ wasted on that one!

happymom
07-17-2013, 02:10 PM
SIL has the skip hop versa in all black (with the gold zippers) and its really nice looking. Almost doesn't look like a diaper bag. She's very happy with it.

Jacksmommy2b
07-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Yup, petunia pickle bottom. I had a silk brocade bag that frayed terribly. I took exceptional care of it but it was almost 6 years old. I sent it to PPB to see if there was any hope in saving it and they told me it never should have frayed and replaced the bag! After almost 6 years!