PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a leak proof water bottle for 1st grader

Mommy2Two
07-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Would be even better if it was an insulated one. Just can't leak. We have a leaky one now and it is just terrible.

Kindra178
07-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Funtainer. Doesn't leak and it keeps drinks cold.

KpbS
07-16-2013, 11:44 PM

Love the funtainer.

boilermakermom
07-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Contigo Kids. The stainless steel one keeps ice water cold for a long time! I have never had a Contigo leak. DH and I also use the adult water bottles and coffee cups.

baileygirl
07-17-2013, 12:53 AM
We use a funtainer (per his request I ordered a plain silver one with a blue lid from amazon). I have never had a problem with it leaking (minus the time I put the wrong straw insert in it) and they have been very durable (i.e. lasted thru ds2 throwing it down cement stairs several times).

ang79
07-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Contigo Kids. The stainless steel one keeps ice water cold for a long time! I have never had a Contigo leak. DH and I also use the adult water bottles and coffee cups.

Do you have any trouble cleaning the Contigo lids? I want one of the SS coffee mugs but reviews on Amazon say the lids are very hard to clean and that old coffee residue gets stuck in them. I do have a plastic kids one that DD1 used to for school but she only ever took water in it. It is double walled, so as long as I put ice cubes in it in the morning, it stayed cool enough til she drank it at lunch. I love our Funtainers but they are heavy (due to being mostly SS) and she dropped one of them at school once and the lid broke, so I now save those for when we travel, go to parks, etc.

fauve01
07-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Would be even better if it was an insulated one. Just can't leak. We have a leaky one now and it is just terrible.

My DD has been using this insulated Thermos water bottle for 3 years now. it only leaked once when I didn't get the little gasket seated right after I washed it. love love love this bottle! we do have a lunch bag that is tall enough that the bottle can be upright.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Stainless-Insulated-Hydration-Charcoal/dp/B0057FQCNC/ref=sr_1_17?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1374075423&sr=1-17

katydid1971
07-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Love these!!! Both DC have one.