PDA

View Full Version : Fashion boots for preschool girl

crl
07-17-2013, 02:30 AM
Dd LOVED her faux uggs that grandma bought at Target last year for Christmas. They were pretty thoroughly trashed by spring though.

I am wondering if it is worth getting something nicer this year? Seems like leather would hold up better than "suede." Anyone have not-too-expensive boots that they have liked in previous years? Or should I just stick to the faux Uggs for comfort and low-cost?

(We could do the Costco ones this year it they are any sturdier, as her feet are now big enough. Not sure though if grandma will want to buy them again and she's not a Costco member--no costcos near them.)

Thanks,
Catherine

bostonsmama
07-17-2013, 07:38 AM
I actually think suede is more durable than leather. My child tends to drag the toes of her shoes on the ground when playing around (which, to her, is any time we're out and about). She has some beautiful boots I bought ahead for this coming season (http://ninashoes.com/rosabel-lt-pink-metallic-brush--15777?c=126) and she's already lightly scuffed the front toes of the pink leather. I also got her these ( http://www.zappos.com/kenneth-cole-reaction-kids-heart-wink-little-kid-big-kid-plum-patent-metallic-stretch?zfcTest=fcl%3A0 ) and saved the purple patent leather so far by not allowing her to wear them anywhere near concrete. If you have a really thoughtful, docile child who will agree to not play in the boots, trip when walking, etc, then go with leather. But I *never* had a problem with DD's suede Ugg-like boots last fall. I just don't like brown with DD's wardrobe...if they had pink suede boots, I'd be more inclined to add a pair to her shoe collection.

jgenie
07-17-2013, 08:04 AM
A friend of mine just bought cowboy boots at Stride Rite for $15 a pair.

Twoboos
07-17-2013, 09:38 AM
My kids had suede Bear Paws last year, they were from an Amazon sale. They LOVED them but I had to chuck both pairs in the spring - they were completely trashed.

IMO they'll get wrecked no matter what. Which is why I have always avoided spending the money for real Uggs for my kids! So I vote stick to the cheap ones if she likes them.

Clarity
07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
We buy the Bear Paw ones too and have been really happy with them. They are a bit of wreck by spring but I try to buy them at about $35.00ish (Footlocker back to school sale) so I think they're totally worth it and because their feet grow so fast they need a new pair each year anyhow.

Tenasparkl
07-17-2013, 01:42 PM
I love getting the costco boots. They did get pretty trashed, but they were great while they lasted.

citymama
07-17-2013, 01:55 PM
We liked the faux Uggs from H&M.

In general, when dealing with foot sizes that grow in weeks and months rather than years, buying spendy shoes for fashion rarely makes sense, IMO. Sturdy Keens or sneakers make sense for stability and safety.

One tip is to keep an eye on the end of season sales at Hanna. Last winter EOS, the fabulous purple patent leather Kenneth Cole boots went down to just $18 from $80! Even at that price, I didn't buy them because I figured we wouldn't get much use out of them. I'm becoming terribly pragmatic and frugal. ;)

Tenasparkl
07-17-2013, 02:02 PM
I bought some super cute See Kai Run boots when they had that great sale over the holidays. My daughter loved them but always managed to come home with blisters. I think they were just too stiff for all of her active play.

crl
07-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Dd is not docile. I have been told multiple times that she will never need assertiveness training. And I love for her to be active outside and not worried about her clothes or shoes. Sounds like faux Uggs are the way to go.

Catherine

marymoo86
07-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Dd is not docile. I have been told multiple times that she will never need assertiveness training. And I love for her to be active outside and not worried about her clothes or shoes. Sounds like faux Uggs are the way to go.

Catherine

Keep an eye out on 6pm.com. I scored so Ukala Fuggs for about $20. They have the real merino inside and held up well.