PDA

View Full Version : Target Cartwheel

TwoBees
07-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Can someone explain Target's Carthwheel program to me?

kaharris83
07-17-2013, 01:19 PM
You download the app or go online and select products you are going to buy. At the checkout they will either scan your phone or the print out barcode and the svings will automatically apply. You can combine those savings with a manufacturer's coupon, as well as a Target coupon. They limit how many Cartwheel offers you can select and as you use them they allow you more at a time. I've used it a bit. I wish they'd stop with Target coupons and Cartwheel and just put the items on sale. It's kind of a PITA to scour the Cartwheel and Target coupon site every time I plan to go to Target.

carolinacool
07-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Don't you also have to have Facebook to use Cartwheel? And it posts to your wall what you've bought? I read that you couldn't turn that feature off. That's why I haven't signed up. I guess I don't really care if my FB friends see that I bought toilet paper, but for some reason, I don't want to advertise that I bought toilet paper or whatever. LOL If that is not the case, I might reconsider.

NJ_Mom2011
07-17-2013, 01:27 PM
To add to what the previous posters said, Cartwheel is linked to your Facebook account, but you can make it so the Facebook updates appear only to you.

I am not the biggest fan of this program. I just don't care that my other Facebook friends are buying Target diapers. But I am always looking for the bargain so I still use it.

If you want to make sure Cartwheel posts so only you see it, you should go to the top right hand side, choose the icon that looks like a spoke, pull down the menu, choose privacy. Then go to the left hand side, choose apps, there you will see Cartwheel on the screen, pull down menu and choose "Only me" option. Simple! (Last sentence was sarcastic).

candaceb
07-17-2013, 01:37 PM
I hate it. I am a big Target shopper, have a red card, use their online coupons and mobile coupons, but I have basically given up on Cartwheel. There are just too many offers and I find the system really cumbersome to deal with. I do not let it post to facebook when I do use it.

carolinacool
07-17-2013, 01:40 PM
If you want to make sure Cartwheel posts so only you see it, you should go to the top right hand side, choose the icon that looks like a spoke, pull down the menu, choose privacy. Then go to the left hand side, choose apps, there you will see Cartwheel on the screen, pull down menu and choose "Only me" option. Simple! (Last sentence was sarcastic).

Ah, OK. I know that you can usually choose that option with apps, but whatever I was reading, that person said you couldn't do that. She clearly didn't know what she was talking about. LOL

TwoBees
07-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the info. The whol linking to Facebook thing turns me off. :(

cookiemonster80
07-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the info. The whol linking to Facebook thing turns me off. :(This is exactly why I didn't sign up

hellokitty
07-17-2013, 03:06 PM
I tried to use Cartwheel, but it couldn't even locate my Target! It was annoying, so I haven't even tried again to try it. I also do not like the facebook thing.

daisymommy
07-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Weird, I use it and it doesn't post to my Facebook account...

Sent from my iPad